debt relief orders

Is carers allowance classed as income in a debt relief order? As although all our income is from benefits carers allowance wasn't listed on their website thanks.

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 September 2014 at 10:27AM
    If you post over on the IVA&DRO board you will be able to gets lots of support with your DRO from the lovely folks on there.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Yes it is an income. But if all your income is from benefits, then you should pass the "less than £50 surplus income" test for a DRO.
  • Hi all I'm currently due to end my DRO on the 30th of September 2014 I'm wondering where I go from here and what happens next I also had other debts that was not included in my dro but I have paid everything off and do not owe to anybody now will officially be debt free as off the 30th what happens credit wise now like credit checks rebuilding my credit back up as I will never be stupid enough to ever fall into debt again and I won't to get my credit rateing built up as quickly as possible without trying and being refused still so any help that you could give would be wonderful thankyou ��
  • Please see my previous post Charley and post on the IVA&DRO board. They will be able to give you all the help and support you will need. Just click the link.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business