Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all. I really am late in posting today as woke up stupidly early cos of daughter going to work and instead of the usual nod back to sleep thought no im getting up. So there it started. Had a bath, come down cooked a full english for hubby and i. Soon cleared it up and then went on a mad blitz of the living room. Sorted out all my husbands books on the huge Ikea cube unit we have, moved the sofas around while vaccuming and steam cleaning floors. Cleaned both of the windows. Washed the vertical blinds. Put everything back and now waiting for tea to cook. Should have a good bit of body magic in there too with stepping up and down to hang each individual slat.
    So todays meals were -

B, SW fry up - 2 sos, mushrooms, toms, scrambled egg.
    L, last of the cajun chicken soup.
    T, Smoked haddock, steam rice with peas and sweetcorn and extra mixed veg.

Still have HEB to use but am tied between a baked apple or ryvita with some kerry low low. Then hoping to relax in bed with a nice mug of Whittards herbal tea (4).
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    stef240377 wrote: »
    Good evening all. I really am late in posting today as woke up stupidly early cos of daughter going to work and instead of the usual nod back to sleep thought no im getting up. So there it started. Had a bath, come down cooked a full english for hubby and i. Soon cleared it up and then went on a mad blitz of the living room. Sorted out all my husbands books on the huge Ikea cube unit we have, moved the sofas around while vaccuming and steam cleaning floors. Cleaned both of the windows. Washed the vertical blinds. Put everything back and now waiting for tea to cook. Should have a good bit of body magic in there too with stepping up and down to hang each individual slat.
    So todays meals were -

B, SW fry up - 2 sos, mushrooms, toms, scrambled egg.
    L, last of the cajun chicken soup.
    T, Smoked haddock, steam rice with peas and sweetcorn and extra mixed veg.

Still have HEB to use but am tied between a baked apple or ryvita with some kerry low low. Then hoping to relax in bed with a nice mug of Whittards herbal tea (4).

What's a SOS in yr fry up? Is it sausage and is it free?
  • evilsquid1603
    Options
    jaffa_cake wrote: »

Tonight is Covent Garden Leek and Potato soup (I am not good with bread so I am okay there - I have a possible wheat intolerance....) so I may have another few ryvitas if I feel i need something else to go with it :-)

I am not sure on the syn values of the soup, but it is pretty low in calories etc etc so it can't be too bad?

hate to be the bearer of bad news but i remember looking this up and it being about 9 syns, it has cream in it quite high up in the ingredients :( shame cz it is really nice!
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    hate to be the bearer of bad news but i remember looking this up and it being about 9 syns, it has cream in it quite high up in the ingredients :( shame cz it is really nice!

It's 11 on all plans!!!!!:eek: New Covent Garden Soup Co, Leek & Potato Soup, chilled, 600g carton

Ummmmm Stef can you link me to the cajun soup recipe? Sounds delicious :D
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• evilsquid1603
    Options
    zippychick wrote: »
    It's 11 on all plans!!!!!:eek: New Covent Garden Soup Co, Leek & Potato Soup, chilled, 600g carton

Ummmmm Stef can you link me to the cajun soup recipe? Sounds delicious :D

:eek: they must have added more cream since i last bought it! its not worth 11 syns!
  • stef240377
    Options
    Oopsadaisydoodle - sos are sausages and they are the Sainsburys be good to yourself cumberland extra lean ones and are half a syn each.

Zippychick - the soup is from the SW website.

1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 sticks celery, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    2 x 142g/5oz chicken breast fillets, skinned
    1 x 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 level tsp artificial sweetener
    1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
    ¼ tsp paprika
    ½ tsp tabasco sauce
    1704ml/3pt chicken stock made with Bovril ( i dont think i used anywhere near that much though as it was too watery - this is one that definitely tastes better next day too.)
    salt and ground black pepper
    chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish

1. In a non-stick frying pan, dry fry the green pepper, onion and celery with the crushed garlic until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.

2. Cut the chicken fillets into small pieces and dry fry them in the same pan for about 3–4 minutes, until golden brown.

3. Transfer the vegetables and chicken to a large saucepan. Add the tomatoes, oregano, artificial sweetener, Cajun seasoning, paprika, tabasco and stock. Simmer gently over a low heat for 30 minutes.

4. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve the soup hot, sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander.

And im pleased to say the lady who was on my friends list has managed to lose 2.5lb this week so quickly turned it around and hit the plan head on!!

• stef240377
    Options
    Can i just check something with you lovelies please - my lady friend has just said her consultant has told her if she isnt having one of the HE's a day she can double up on the other one, now i haven't heard this mentioned at all in group and to clarify she is following EE. Anyone have any clues?

• kandfs_mam
    kandfs_mam Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can i just check something with you lovelies please - my lady friend has just said her consultant has told her if she isnt having one of the HE's a day she can double up on the other one, now i haven't heard this mentioned at all in group and to clarify she is following EE. Anyone have any clues?

We were told use them or lose the Stef - no doubling up on HEA if you don't have HEB, and no rolling over to next day like you can with syns. Sorry. x
    Mortgage Aug 22 £280,000
    Current mortgage  £28,000

• evilsquid1603
    Options

i always thought HE have always been use em or loose em and aren't interchangeable between "an A for a B" etc.

the whole point is to have an A and a B to make sure you have a balanced diet.
  • stef240377
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies, I were sure that was the case with them but didnt want to give wrong advise first. I did say i would check with my consultant as i were certain it was one of each and not the doubling option. I am concerned that her group now may not be as good as it should be. Especially with last weeks niavity of being able to continue eating your old foods and losing weight and now the HE's situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure