Halfords Number Plates

Options
Hi, I need new number plates for my 206 and was thinking of just going to Halfords for them and getting them to fit them. I was just wondering what writing do they put along the bottom of the plates? I hope it's not a Halfords logo!

Comments

• anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There's a very small halfords logo, but it's sort of opaque and not readily visible. My main issue with Halford's plates is they make them up with individual letters then stick the reflective bit to acrylic, often leaving unremovable small bubbles.

I'll try get a picture to illustrate the logo.
  • DaveMacD
    DaveMacD Posts: 575 Forumite
    Options
    Trying to remember, but I think by law they need to include the BS number, and the postcode of the supplier as a minimum.
    Fight Crime : Shoot Back.

It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without being seduced by it.

Support your local First Response Group, you might need us one day.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    All legitimate number plate makers have to put their company name and post code on all road legal plates.

That includes Halfords.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks.

I know all makers have to put name, postcode and BS number on but what I was checking was if they slapped on loads of extra advertising too.

:)
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks.

I know all makers have to put name, postcode and BS number on but what I was checking was if they slapped on loads of extra advertising too.

Just tell them you don't want any.;)
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    IMG_0243.jpg
    Logo and bubble around letter/number effect
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks anewman, I think I can live with that!

• blue_haddock
    blue_haddock Posts: 12,110 Forumite
    Options
    My dad got some made up at halfords and whilst yes they do have the logo and legal details on unlike some companies who add their own name and details in inch high bold blakc letters the halfords one is very discrete and hardly noticable.

If it wasn't for the fact i can make my own plates up at work i'd go for halfords ones.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Does anybody know how much is it for a standard rear number plate from Halfords?

My little Fabia needs a new rear number-plate as it's discoloured due to water damage.

(And I right in thinking I need to take my passport & V5 Logbook in to prove that it's mine car?)
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how much is it for a standard rear number plate from Halfords?

My little Fabia needs a new rear number-plate as it's discoloured due to water damage.

(And I right in thinking I need to take my passport & V5 Logbook in to prove that it's mine car?)
    About £10-£15. Yes you do need some documentation like that, not sure exactly what but sounds about right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure