Signing Off Job Seekers Allowance

Hi

Has anyone had any experiences from signing off Job Seekers Allowance over the telephone, or do you need to see your advisor on your sign-on date?

Thanks

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,815
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    No, you don't need your advisor, just ring them.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    I feel that am being held against my will because I want to sign-off Job Seekers Allowance, but advisors say they would feel bad on me losing out on the amount I get - despite earning more in my two jobs, but they're not having any of it.

I work over 16 hours and start the second job on 12th August.
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    All you do is call JSA contact number, Tell the agent you wish to close your claim, They say OK and maybe ask why, You don't need to say.... They put you on hold and process the closure.... Upon closing the claim a final payment is issued.
  • System
    Community Admin
    I have contacted the 0345 number, and spoke with the agent regarding the reason for ending my claim - I'm working over 16 hours - have 2 jobs, the second which I start on 12th August.

They refused to end my claim today, something in which I wished to do and instead suggested to end it on my next sign-on date of Thursday next week.

Obviously, I wasn't happy about doing this, but their reasons were "I would feel bad about you losing out on money".

It's almost like they want to lie because they want to get their "bonus" for each person that finds a job.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,326
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Call back and if they try the same again, demand to speak to a supervisor. They have no right to keep your claim open after you have said you want to close it.
  • System
    Community Admin
    Thank you, will do :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts