Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Former MSE Rose
    PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5
    • 28th Feb 12, 4:40 PM
    PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5 28th Feb 12 at 4:40 PM

Hi all, this thread is for discussing the
    PPI Reclaiming
    article.

This is Part 5 of the discussion, as the last one was so long (read parts one, two, three and four). To discuss or ask a question about this article, click 'post reply'.

To read about non FOS claims read this thread.
    Report and read success stories in this thread

Please remember:

We're often quite laid back about discussion threads as this is a community after all.

I'm afraid in the case of the PPI Reclaiming thread we're really going to have to ask you to keep the discussion on topic though, so that people can find the relevant information quickly and easily.

If you do start making like-minded friends on here and would like to carry on chatting about what you did at the weekend/what you ate for dinner etc, that's fine, but the best way to do that is to go to our local pub the MoneySavers Arms where anything and everything is chatted about, start a thread there, then pop a link in here and suggest you all head over to there to chat.

Thanks,

MSE Rose
Page 484
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 23rd Jul 17, 2:41 PM
    • 88,329 Posts
    • 53,548 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Oh not sure what to do now, they say the Halifax has agreed I have PPI on this credit card, I just cannot see it anywhere! Never even knew I had it, do I have it lol?
    Originally posted by merrydance
    Do you pay your balance off every month? in which case, you wouldnt pay PPI. Although the account could have PPI set up on should you ever borrow on the card beyond the interest free period.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 23rd Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 88,329 Posts
    • 53,548 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Hi all, just to say that Ive been put onto resolver about PPI via the wife and just had a reply from TESCO who I believe I had a credit card with years ago (over 10) but theyve said that they dont enter into email correspondence about it and I have to talk to them.
    However as it's soooo long ago i have literally no details anymore, I guess I just have to accept that? Or wait the 2 months before escalating to the ombudsman?
    Originally posted by Donegal_Paul
    You cant use the FOS unless you make a complaint and have been rejected and disagree with the outcome.

If you refuse to talk with them, then you are not helping your case.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 23rd Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 4,308 Posts
    • 4,524 Thanks
    societys child
    Hi Have gone through a claims company, and they have found out that I pay ppi on my Halifax Credit card, have looked at my statement and cannot see any mention of it. I phoned the claims company back and told them this, they advised me that some company's put it in with the interest amount and not separetely- can this be right? Thanks
    Oh not sure what to do now, they say the Halifax has agreed I have PPI on this credit card, I just cannot see it anywhere! Never even knew I had it, do I have it lol?
    Hmm, your not going to believe this, but CMCs sometimes lie . .
    Have The Halifax said you have ppi on the card or are you relying on the word of the CMC?

As said in post #9661, if there was ppi attached to the card but you paid the balance off each month, you'd not pay any ppi, so there would be nothing to "recaim".
    Last edited by societys child; 23-07-2017 at 4:07 PM.

• BooJewels
    • By BooJewels 23rd Jul 17, 4:31 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    BooJewels
    I am looking at a Halifax credit card statement and on the transaction list (second page, not the initial summary) it clearly shows as 'repayment cover' and the amount in the amount column - it's charged at so many pence per £100 of balance. In this case, it was applied the same date as the interest. It varies monthly depending on your balance.

I've had it at various times on different cards and they all show it in much the same manner; chronologically amongst the transactions and as repayment cover or another shows it as 'PPI Premium'.

So if you had it, it would show, as such. If your balance is zero, it probably isn't showing, as it won't be added - so find a statement with an active balance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

72Posts Today

1,851Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin