pat jamison

I moved to Leicester in 1987 and some time after that i opened bank account with the Bank Of Canada based in Leicester city centre, i moved to Belfast in 1991 and in about 1996/97 i was advised that Birmingham mid shires had acquired Bank of Canada and as they did not support Current accounts i would need to move banks. As i had several loans and cards with Bank Canada i was attempting to see if i had ever unknowingly paid PPI. I have written to BM but they have no record of ever acquiring the Bank of Canada and state they only provided Mortgage protection.
Is there anyone how can remember the Bank of Canada in Leicester or is there any way i can confirm who acquired it and if i ever paid PPI

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    30 years ago?

Forget it.
  • Jonmenzies
    Jonmenzies Posts: 48 Forumite
    Are you sure was Bank of Canada and not Bank of Scotland?
  • Jonmenzies
    Jonmenzies Posts: 48 Forumite
    It's just Bank of Canada seems to be like the Bank Of England. Not a retail bank.
  • Yes i am quite sure, although it was a long time ago
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Yes i am quite sure, although it was a long time ago

Perhaps you might mean the Royal Bank of Canada. Which is a pretty normal bank. The Bank of Canada is Canada's central bank. They would not have had a branch in Leicester offering current accounts.

I don't know much about the history of RBC in the UK. I suppose it's possible that they once did have a UK retail banking operation that they decided to close down. But given that your relationship with whatever bank it was, was some 20-30 years ago, I doubt very much whether anyone would have retained any records.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure