Atos Home Visit

Options

Comments

• dave030445
    dave030445 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 June 2017 at 7:41PM
    Options
    Received awards letter today it is word for word what atos wrote can't see how they are called decision makers its quite laughable.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,759 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 June 2017 at 6:24PM
    Options
    dave030445 wrote: »
    Received awards letter today it is word for word what atos wrote can't see how they are called decision makers its quite laughable.
    Yes I agree.... Decision Makers are seemingly all too often taking only one decision... to copy the assessment report into the format for the award letter. Frustratingly despite provocation and what I thought was an extensive, clever and comprehensive reconsideration request I couldn't jolt the second DM into doing differently. But at least you are preared with report. So I'd sit down and analyse what descriptors should apply to you and therefore whether you should get a better award. If you think you should then consider reconsideration request... focus on descriptors you feel relevant and try to evidence so... and describe in detail your difficulties. If the assessment report conflicts with what you're saying I would probably explain why/how the report is wrong.

If you do ask for reconsideration and they don't budge... then at least you probably have in place essentially the case you could put to appeal tribunal albeit in challenging the reconsidered decision. Good luck.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • dave030445
    Options
    Have I got this correct that when you ask for a MR for PIP. They wait a full 28 days from that phone call to when they start to look at the claim.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have I got this correct that when you ask for a MR for PIP. They wait a full 28 days from that phone call to when they start to look at the claim.
    Don't think so. It all depends on how much backlog there is in your area. You'll need to put the MR request in writing and not just phone to request it.
  • dave030445
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Don't think so. It all depends on how much backlog there is in your area. You'll need to put the MR request in writing and not just phone to request it.

They told my wife that they wait the 28 days from the phone call to allow you time to put in any extra evidence.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,759 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They told my wife that they wait the 28 days from the phone call to allow you time to put in any extra evidence.
    In the absence of better advice I'd agree with Poppy.... assume they could... and so get in, in writing, your reconsideration request before the 28 days are up and if you intend to get further evidence you want them to consider then tell them so in order to hopefully deter MR pending that information.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • cantcope
    cantcope Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

i had my response within a week of me sending the request off! they certainly weren't waiting around for any further evidence
    Last bet : 26th Oct 2006:j Debt free 25th Feb 2008:j Living "my" dream:T
  • dave030445
    Options
    cantcope wrote: »
    i had my response within a week of me sending the request off! they certainly weren't waiting around for any further evidence

Yes I must get it all sent off don't want them do the MR until ive sent everything in. You think you have along time to get it in but it soon flies.
  • dave030445
    edited 23 July 2017 at 3:29PM
    Options
    Received my MR letter they have given me 1 extra point for daily living taking the mickey and stayed the same for mobility needs. They have agreed that i have attacks most days but they only said they last several hours so not seen as the majority of the time. They haven't taken into account the time it takes to get over the attacks. So i now have 11 daily living and 10 mobility .
  • dave030445
    Options
    Hi guys quick question.
    Once an appeal has been logged is there a time limit for DWP and I to give in evidence to the appeal center.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure