Peugeot 206 problems

Comments

• Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,446
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I had a 206. All the problems you have and more (just going out or would give you more details). Do a google search there is a whole website dedicated to similar (and often never resolved) problems with the 206. After reading it I traded mine in and got a clio. Missed the 206, which was a lovely car to drive, but didn't want to the cost, hassle and risk. Lots of stories about 206 cutting out at speed on motorway. If you can't find website let me know and I will find it later.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £80/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £84/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • Well I did do a search on google as soon as the problems started appearing, and I am very much thinking about getting rid of it also. Was thinking of either going for a Lexus or a Golf, any suggestions?
  • vickyb
    vickyb Posts: 113 Forumite
    hey dagger meerkat sorry to hear your having probs i am too,ive had so much go wrong on mine i will never ever get another peugeot!! just wondering have you ever had any probs with the petrol tank leaking
  • No .. not had any problems with the petrol tank "so far". But I intend to dispose of this lovely car as soon as I find a replacement. I had a 106 before, and that was flawless, no issues at all. This 206 has completely u-turned me against peugeots. The only reason I got it was because it was such a very good deal when I bought it, on the other hand .. that might just have been a discount for all the teeting problems that would show up.
  • vickyb
    vickyb Posts: 113 Forumite
    i know mine was a good deal too but will never ever get another one just wish i could get rid of it still got finance owing on it :(
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,446
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No .. not had any problems with the petrol tank "so far". But I intend to dispose of this lovely car as soon as I find a replacement. I had a 106 before, and that was flawless, no issues at all. This 206 has completely u-turned me against peugeots. The only reason I got it was because it was such a very good deal when I bought it, on the other hand .. that might just have been a discount for all the teeting problems that would show up.

Yes mine was a very good deal too. I think they know ;)

Having said that I got a really good trade in, only loosing £700 in depreciation. I had the car 23 months.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £80/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £84/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • Does anyone have any experience with 2003 Golf 1.6 se models?
  • hartcjhart
    hartcjhart Posts: 9,463
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    go to this link and look at number 9 is this the year,hovver your cursor over the recall fault to see if it matches the symptoms
    I :love: MOJACAR
  • what link?
  • MoneyMiser
    MoneyMiser Posts: 571 Forumite
    Hi All,

I've had a few problems with my 206 and have finally had enough. Managed to get the car dealer to go halves with me on the repair costs but now the CD player eats my CD's!!:eek:

I've had enough now and the guy at the garage said Peugeots are selling really well at the moment. Can anyone give me a rough idea what price I would be looking at, trade and private sale.

Sky Blue Peugeot 206
    50,000 miles
    52 Reg
    1.4 engine

MM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts