Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We could set up a home care business, given the additional funding allocated it would be a good time to do this.:D:D
    Strangely enough one of my 'ex' members of staff has just been in touch with me asking me to be a 'director' in a new care provider business.
    I also think there is money to be made in support planning for people who are self funding or entitled to services which they can take as a direct payment.
    Off for a glass of something strong now as the last few posts seemed very much like being back at work !! :rotfl:
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I will try the dentastix at 12.30 am as they go on multi tomorrow. I'm hoping the multi is active at that time. And I try the apg before 6am. Just trying a different way to get a glitch. But as I said. If multi is active at that time. I'm guessing it's going to be the 7 packets.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 March 2017 at 11:03PM
    mhoc wrote: »
    good evening all

Please can I ask the mobile phone experts a question pretty please.

I noticed on 10 ways a link for a EE sim only deal.

I am with EE but out of contract so I think we are just rolling - OH pays for both our SIM onlys. So all OH would need to do is to remove my phone on line - is it that simple?

If I get this new EE deal can I transfer my current mobile number across to the new sim.

when this new sim arrives what happens - do I just put it in the phone?

Ive never done this sort of scary stuff before :o

You cannot go EE contract to EE contract. Request your PAC, transfer to A Mobile (SIM 50p instore) or Three 123 sim (neither need a top up). Once your number arrives, next day request a PAC from A mobile and give it to EE to transfer back.

I am just on my way back tonight from A to EE as I got the £4.50 per month deal last week that air highlighted on here.

Remember you have to give 30 days notice on your existing contract (requesting the PAC gives this notice).

Yes new sim in phone and you are away (it is activated when they put it in the post!).

Hth

Anon
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    zippydooda wrote: »
    I am now and was then. . But years ago I when contracted out. And I've no idea where the contracted out part of my ni went to. I think I would feel hard done by if someone that has hardly worked had £60 more government pension than I.

Being se you are very lucky to be in a works pension. Well done :beer:
    And I agree with you about somebody that's hardly worked.:mad:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    pippo wrote: »
    Might be the cruise ships for me too!
    It has changed hands from when I first heard about it, and although I was impressed at the time I couldn't reconcile that with the [STRIKE]!!!!![/STRIKE] poor service that the company provided to people with disabilities locally.

Think we will all be on them!
    Strangely enough one of my 'ex' members of staff has just been in touch with me asking me to be a 'director' in a new care provider business.
    I also think there is money to be made in support planning for people who are self funding or entitled to services which they can take as a direct payment.
    Off for a glass of something strong now as the last few posts seemed very much like being back at work !! :rotfl:

And you were missing work... bet you aren't anymore - enjoy the alcohol!!
  • MKS
    bubbs wrote: »
    zipster did you look at my working out?

Can't do it but the raised eyebrow look. :D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Watching millionaire's mansions... just to driving OH mad with 'design ideas' lol
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    MKS wrote: »
    I am continually told by SW that I don't eat enough but I feel too full to eat more.

Will see how i go , its getting the balance right:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    zippydooda wrote: »
    I will try the dentastix at 12.30 am as they go on multi tomorrow. I'm hoping the multi is active at that time. And I try the apg before 6am. Just trying a different way to get a glitch. But as I said. If multi is active at that time. I'm guessing it's going to be the 7 packets.
    MKS wrote: »
    Can't do it but the raised eyebrow look. :D
    He has seen alot of my workings out;)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • MKS
    Yep, if you are assessed as having to pay full care costs, generally because of savings, you can 'self fund' and still have some oversight/reviews from social care. In Bubbs' person's case I'm not sure if he would have the capacity to manage this himself, even via an agency.

If you employ your carers directly then you are considered as an employer and there are now added things like pension schemes to consider.

And risk assessments and method statements
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport