Warning: Homeguard Alarms will use your debit card to steal money

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 November 2016 at 10:37AM
    A few quotes from whocalledme :

The elderly vulnerable people who have been scammed:

" This is Do Not Call UK, based in Bournemouth, who appear to be in the business of targeting elderly and or vulnerable people with a promise to stop them receiving nuisance calls. They get the prospect to give them their bank card details and take an unspecified amount from them. Despite sending the call blocking device back to them - this is the second time my elderly mother has been targeted by them - they do not refund the money. I have reported them to Trading Standards as I have been advised that their trading terms are suspect and possibly illegal. If I lived a little closer I'd be paying them a visit.
    Note to James - you don't have to be a very good sales person to sell to the elderly and vulnerable. There is little difference between these methods and those used by Cowboy roofers and builders who drag the elderly down to the ATM to draw out cash for work they haven't done."
  • hollydays
    " My elderly father who suffers from dementia and has always been vulnerable to scammers and rogues who rip him off has been contacted by Do Not Call UK (or various closely related company names, all giving an address in Bournemouth; various tel. no.s used including 0333 456 0310) at least 10 times asking for his credit card details and he has paid for this scam service. My sisters and I have cancelled and returned the gismos they send numerous times and instructed them never to call again, but they still do and everytime my father falls for it."
    Caller: Do Not Call UK
    Caller Type: Likely Phishing or Scam
  • hollydays
    http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/News/14834534.__600_000_phone_scam__Fraudster__exploited__customers_he_promised_to_protect_from_cold_calls/?ref=rss

Another Bournemouth FRAUDSTER recently jailed

" A FRAUDSTER behind an extensive telephone scam has been sentenced to five years behind bars.

Giles Ward-Best, of Firbank Road in Bournemouth, made unsolicited phone calls as part of a bid to sell ‘call blocker devices’ for £99.

In total, more than 10,000 sales of the equipment were made with an end total value of £600,000, after successful refunds and declined bank payments.

Ward-Best, trading as Telecom Protection Services Ltd - later dissolved in an attempt to hide from Trading Standards, said the devices blocked specified telephone numbers.

However, Trading Standards officers received a number of complaints.

Consumers claimed they were not told that the device only worked if they had caller ID on their landline, that customers who cancelled within the specified cancellation period were not refunded, and that telesales staff claimed they were calling from companies including BT.

The first complaint was made in September 2013. By the time that the investigation was referred to the Scambuster team in January 2015, more than 200 complaints were received.

Customers were told that the equipment was pre-programmed and ready to be installed, when in fact the device often stopped the phone or internet connection from working at all.

When calls could be received the technology failed to stop nuisance calls, prosecutors said.

On March 18 2016, the Scambusters team and Dorset Police executed a warrant at Ward-Best’s business premises.

Telesales scripts, complaint letters and ‘charge back’ and refund forms from debit card processing companies were seized. Analysis of his banking details showed that Ward-Best withdrew £424,000 in cash between September 2013 and July 2015 with a further £44,100 directly transferred into his personal current account.

Jurors found Ward-Best, 43, guilty of two counts of operating a business for a fraudulent purpose contrary to the Companies Act 2006 between September 2013-March 2015.

Mitigating was Leslie Smith who told the court that, following the breakdown of his marriage as well as the death of his mother, Ward-Best drank heavily and took cocaine.

Judge Jonathan Fuller QC said: “A distasteful part of this fraud was that it used the methods that it claimed to try and stop. You therefore exploited those you promised to protect from exploitation.”

Referring to cold-call centres across the country as “endemic”, Judge Fuller said it was clear Ward-Best had “peddled a lie” using sophisticated marketing and a script “riddled with falsehoods”.

Ward-Best was given five years for count one, 18 months for count two, to run concurrently, and disqualified from directing a company for 10 years."
  • hollydays
    edited 7 November 2016 at 10:11AM
    Luke Dean Ashbee is also known as Luca Dean Ashbee on his Facebook page.

And is the co founder of a GENTLEMANS barbers in Bournemouth

The barbers
    2 Royal London House, Holdenhurst Rd, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH8 8AA
    Tel 01202 295042

https://www.yell.com/biz/the-barbers-bournemouth-8369509/

NO REVIEWS YET.

THE AUTUMN OF 2015

The Barbers opened the doors of its flagship store in Autumn 2015. Over and above the obvious we also offer top quality grooming products such as beard nourishing oils, fragrant pomades and hand crafted combs and brushes. We deliver an age old but rare service focusing on quality over speed and profits.
    Working with local businesses with a similar ethos we deliver everything an aspiring gent could require be that a bow tie, pocket square or advice on how to properly turn up a shirts cuffs (Never roll a cuff!!)

‘Trust the vision’ – L. Ashbee / Co-Founder (2015)

http://www.thebarbersbournemouth.co.uk/the_barbers_bournemouth_about_us.html

Their Facebook page
    The barbers Bournemouth
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere Posts: 752 Forumite
    Leigh Ashbee and Luke Ashbee are different people though. Leigh-Ashbee.jpg

and this is Luke

12109061_10153665109334267_9208442819824978831_n.jpg?oh=d9334157ebd78b8e19eb5b27e486d2a7&oe=5892D590
  • hollydays
    edited 7 November 2016 at 7:33PM
    Thanks yes I realise the ashbees are different people , see my post number 11
    The Photo indicates nothing.

And the below- this woman employed by "signed sealed delivered marketing"
    Is the registrant of two websites Which are the subject of this thread.

becky edney - About - Google+
    https://plus.google.com › about
    becky edney hasn't shared anything on this page with you. ... Jordan Green's profile photo · Luc Ashbee's profile photo · Leigh Ashbee's profile photo. Links. YouTube. becky edney. Basic Information. Gender. Female ...
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Elsewhere wrote: »

12109061_10153665109334267_9208442819824978831_n.jpg?oh=d9334157ebd78b8e19eb5b27e486d2a7&oe=5892D590

Nice tats! :D
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • Just been on company house website and another company has been registered at the do not call U.K. Ltd address in Bournemouth

Registered name HOME GUARD SAFETY LTD on the 29 November 2016
  • Not sure whether there is a link with TV Guard in Bournemouth but Mother in law has fallen for this one. Insuring a TV she does not have for £5 a month by direct debit. Trying to stop this one before it starts.
  • Just found out the TV Guard/I-Guard Solutions and Team 4 digital services Ltd are at the same address directors are connected to Hyland and White Ltd who's former director is connected to Positive Energy Solutions (U.K.) Ltd and again leading back to Luke Dean Ashbee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure