IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket from CMS UK Ltd

Comments

• Thanks for the advice i may well speak to manager of cinema as they had gone to see harry potter so it was very busy and i had already made prior arrangements with them for my son to enter the cinema without having to queue due to his disabilities.
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    debbie, do not worry over the outcome, nothing can/will happen to you despite the fact that your badge fell off,,you have not commited a crime,,private parking companys have no power,, only threats which they will not carry out,, if in doubt come back here for reassurance, but totally ignore that lot.
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    CMS are very easy to ignore.
  • Hi Guys

Just letting you know i recieved a letter from CMS today,it was in response to the letter of appeal sent them.

This was thier reply.

Dear Mrs Newby
    We are writing in correspondence to your letter with regards to a parking charge notice that was issued against your vehicle at Robin Liesure Park Wigan.

We have checked our records and we are satisfied that your notice was issued correctly, however due to the unique circumstances surrounding this incident we have now cancelled your notice.

May we take this time to apologise for any inconvenience that this might have caused.

All i can say is maybe miracles do happen after all.

thanks again for your support
    debbie x
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    They must be going thought their records to find random cases to "cancel" after the "appeal" to show that they are a caring parking company which do accept appeals.
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    debbie2011 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Just letting you know i recieved a letter from CMS today,it was in response to the letter of appeal sent them.

This was thier reply.

Dear Mrs Newby
    We are writing in correspondence to your letter with regards to a parking charge notice that was issued against your vehicle at Robin Liesure Park Wigan.

We have checked our records and we are satisfied that your notice was issued correctly, however due to the unique circumstances surrounding this incident we have now cancelled your notice.

May we take this time to apologise for any inconvenience that this might have caused.

All i can say is maybe miracles do happen after all.

thanks again for your support
    debbie x

Glad they saw sense and you wont have to deal with the garbage they send.

Did you have a word with the manager of the cinema??
  • Hi everybody, I know there have been many posts in this thread but I am just checking that the information is still current and up to date?
    The reason I'm asking is because I have just been issued a 'Parking Charge Notice' by CMS while nipping into a shop on the Riverside Retail Park in Warrington, Cheshire. The car park was pretty full as it is a Sunday so, knowing I wouldn't be long, I just parked in a disabled bay right outside the shop I was going into as ALL of the disabled bays were empty, not a single disabled bay in the entire car park had a car in it.
    On getting to the checkout I had the usual queue to contend with and, as I reached the front of it, I noticed a parking ticket on my windscreen. I thought at first that it may have been one of my mates playing a prank on me but when I got outside and opened the plastic bag stuck to my windscreen I found a ticket inside saying I had to pay £90 but if I paid within 14 days it would be reduced to £55 and the reason was 'not displaying disabled badge' no mention that it was a disabled bay but they had taken 5 photos.
    I was quite angry and annoyed as I'd only been about 10 mins and looking at the time on the ticket I realised it must have been issued within 2 mins of me walking inside the shop. I looked around and finally found the guy that issued the ticket and took him to task over it's issue. He wasn't bothered about anything I said, just grinning at me and saying 'you shouldn't have parked in a disabled bay!'. I explained I had just nipped into the shop I was parked outside (it's not like I parked there and wandered off somewhere else) to which he said 'You have been in there for ages!!'. I pointed out that his 'ages' was a total of 15 mins from the time the ticket was issued to me talking to him. Again he told me he wasn't bothered and continued with his sly grin. The only time he took any notice was when I took him to task about the signage within the car park and it's contents. There were no signs outside the shop that I visited, in fact the closest sign was at least 100 ft away from where I parked. I also pointed out that the signs had no geographic confirmation of where we were. There was nothing to indicate the signs were for the retail park I was on. With this his attitude changed a bit and he claimed 'That's not my fault! It's nothing to do with me!! That's my bosses job!!'. I also pointed out that it was a free car park, it was a Sunday so ALL of the car parks in the area were free and unmanned and that, as far as I was aware, it was illegal to issue 'fines' or clamp cars these days unless you were the police etc and it was public property. Again he just said 'Nothing to do with me! Just phone them up and they might let you off with it!'. I was now extremely annoyed but thought better of causing a scene and went back to my car determined to contact CMS as soon as I got home. To my surprise (not really) I found that they are not open on a Sunday so I would have to wait until tomorrow to vent my anger. It was only while I was looking for their website that I discovered this thread and thought I would see if anybody would be so kind as to offer me any support?
    I have no intentions of paying this 'fine' unless I have to do so legally and I have taken a picture of their sign to show there's nothing on it that states the geographic area that their 'warnings' refer to.

Thank you :)
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    It's not a fine Just a bit of toilet paper to flush... Along with all the letters you get....
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • MDBJ
    MDBJ Posts: 45 Forumite
    The reason I'm asking is because I have just been issued a 'Parking Charge Notice' by CMS while nipping into a shop on the Riverside Retail Park in Warrington, Cheshire. The car park was pretty full as it is a Sunday so, knowing I wouldn't be long, I just parked in a disabled bay right outside the shop I was going into as ALL of the disabled bays were empty, not a single disabled bay in the entire car park had a car in it.
    As a disabled person one might normally expect me to wail that you got your just deserts. However, no driver deserves to be ripped off by someone who has set themselves up as the arbiter of what will and won't happen in a car park just so they can make money - regardless of the fact that they may have parked somewhat selfishly.

For the record, although I am disabled I do not have a blue badge and can no longer use some disabled spaces - especially in places where private parking companies have intervened. So, when the need arises I too park in disabled spaces without a blue badge but I would respectfully suggest that I at least have a moral right to do so. Which you didn't!

Consider your legs slapped - but in a sympathetic manner. And don't pay the b*ggers a penny. :)
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    The parasite was probably waiting for someone to park in the disabled bays to check if they could issue some toilet paper for not displaying a piece of card which doesn't mean a thing on private land. Just ignore the various bog-paper which might be coming your way soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure