MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh fingers crossed snow.

And hopefully your OH gets some first cuddles for fathers day x

Mine will be getting an IOU card for cuddles!
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Fingers crossed snow

I've just been into town and bought cards for father's day- I was silly and got one from the cat too so he has a full set! Also got some nice frames and printed a couple of photos.
  • snowscreamer
    snowscreamer Posts: 505 Forumite
    Update from me: they are being super cautious about my high blood pressure even though no other signs of pre-eclampsia so I'm being induced tonight. Not what I had hoped (been super low risk all the way through and had been hoping for MLU pool birth) but it is what it is.

Hopefully will be meeting my baby soon! I'm 2cm dilated and had a sweep; pessary later this evening. The midwife thinks I am a good candidate for a straightforward induction so fingers crossed!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • vanilla8
    vanilla8 Posts: 656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good luck snow! Hoping you have a good induction experience.
    Congrats sweet!

So the HV has recommended formula top up as Austin still hasn't gained birth weight and 3 weeks tomorrow. We have got an appointment for Weds at the hospital for tongue tie check as i suspect he isn't getting the hind milk because of ineffective latch/suck.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, cabin fever here as cannot drive and DH has gone back to work. I hope to walk to shop tomorrow to get a fathers day card!
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    Good luck Snow, as your 2cm already can you ask for your waters to be broken instead of the pessary as that's what happened with me.

Penguin I need to try pop into town tomorrow to get some photos printed. Glad it's just a 10 minute walk for me. I bought a card and frame before baby made an appearance.

Vanilla that's one thing I'm worried about, the not being able to get out and about properly when the OH goes back to work.

MW this afternoon went well. Quite happy with his weight/checks. Got my dressing off too, and the person who done the stitching has done an awesome job. One part you can't even see the scar, so I'm impressed. Looking forward to a nice bath tonight to chill :D
  • Was anyone prescribed iron tablets after their 28th week blood test? I've had a call to say a prescription has been put into the Drs and that I will need more bloods doing soon - what week do they tend to retest and how big are the iron tablets? I had major issues taking the horse tranquilliser sized pregnacare tablets (the taste made me sooo sick) so I'm dreading this - is there much of a taste?
  • vanilla8
    vanilla8 Posts: 656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Was anyone prescribed iron tablets after their 28th week blood test? I've had a call to say a prescription has been put into the Drs and that I will need more bloods doing soon - what week do they tend to retest and how big are the iron tablets? I had major issues taking the horse tranquilliser sized pregnacare tablets (the taste made me sooo sick) so I'm dreading this - is there much of a taste?

i lost 1.5ltrs of blood after c section and prescribed tablets upon discharge, ferrous sulphate? They are small and tasteless but suspected they gave me bad bowel movements so have switched to spatone and floradix and iron rich food to get my levels up.

i too had to stop pregnacare during pregnancy as they made me nauseous.
  • snowscreamer
    snowscreamer Posts: 505 Forumite
    Not me, but my husband was on iron tablets after a haemorrhage last year. He had ferrous gluconate which is better tolerated generally than ferrous sulphate which can cause stomach trouble and indigestion. All iron tablets will bung you up so eat plenty of fibre to counteract!

The size is small - about 6mm diameter round and they are sugar coated so slip down quite easily.
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    Update from me: they are being super cautious about my high blood pressure even though no other signs of pre-eclampsia so I'm being induced tonight. Not what I had hoped (been super low risk all the way through and had been hoping for MLU pool birth) but it is what it is.

Hopefully will be meeting my baby soon! I'm 2cm dilated and had a sweep; pessary later this evening. The midwife thinks I am a good candidate for a straightforward induction so fingers crossed!
    Good luck snow, hope it goes as smoothly as possible
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    Good luck Snow hope all goes well and looking forward to hearing some news soon :)

38wk appt today, measuring at 37wks and she said that baby is ''well'' engaged. Blood pressure and iron were both really good, not sure what I am eating/doing but apparently it's working. She has said I can have sweeps from next week, I am now doing a bit of reading but I'm thinking I might give it a go and see what happens.
    Officially on maternity leave now, which feels really strange but is a relief to know I can relax and try and get everything together waiting for little one's arrival.
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family