Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    tent.jpg

:D

Just what I was thinking :D
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    tent.jpg

:D

She s done that before now Seren but prefers having a proper bed
    nowadays.:)
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    Weston?
    Are they driving there?

A good place to start looking would be airbandb

Stafford station is amusing that weekend as everyone is walking around in waterproofs with wellies covered in plastic bags held on with rubber bands

She mentioned Telford, Wolverhampton or Cannock
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Good Evening :)

Sat at the terminus on candycrush :j:j:j

Congratulations JTS _party_:dance:_party_:dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well I have to thank the Elite persons who encouraged me to take the bull by the horns and actually go through to cancellation with sky :T

After seeing the half price offer for TV on line this morning I rang again (free phone number so I was quite happy to keep trying)
    Firstly you get connected to nice CS on the sub continent so I asked to be put through to the retentions team but the chap said I needed the welcome back team :D
    When I was put through I did it all by the book this time, wrote down the name of the person who I was talking to and made sure he was in the right department.

I said we were going through cancellation and if there were any offers I could have. He gave me a figure, only slightly more than this years so we agreed. He read the terms and conditions, I asked about the monthly direct debit amounts and added them to the calendar.
    I logged onto My Sky as he applied the deals so I could see thst everything was correct - last year it took 2 additional attempts to get the bill adjusted so I had 2 lots of credit which more or less paid for 2 months.
    He also read out the notes applied to the account.
    So we now have half price TV, half price unlimited fibre and full price line rental and our bill is down to £47.11 - a saving of nearly £30 on the original price increase :j

mhoc wrote: »
    And on the sky TV frontage I logged onto My Sky this morning to see what offers there were and it now says 50% off sky TV :rotfl:
    So I am wondering now if its worth another call to see what else they might offer me for the fibre/line rental bit :D

This only brings me down to what I was offered on the first call so its not that much of an improvement :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • magda1959
    magda1959 Posts: 38
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Many thanks Tweets for the reply,will look in Tesco next time I'min there.:)
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    You caught me during the two seconds that I was here in the last week:rotfl:. I will go now - don't want to ruin one of the biggest glitches of all that, typically, is here whenever I am not. Just been doing other things for the past week (typically:rotfl:).

EDIT: Good [Strike]morning[/Strike] afternoon btw.

Glad you are okay savvy, was worried you might have been abducted by aliens ... or worse still, Morrisons :eek: :rotfl:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 May 2017 at 6:02PM
    Dax1978 wrote: »
    Hello Can some please help me I want to do a glichey shop but i have reached my 100 limit is there way around this. And can I use my card or shall pay cash when i shop please someone help me.

You and many others ...

I keep my home delivery/C&C separate (and limited to online shops) as that has my credit card etc linked. "Family members" ;) have accounts too and (their accounts) helpfully process any instore receipts - they didn't enter their address, as they tell me it wasn't requested during the sign up to A (which you need to do to process APGs), so their account is not linked to any address that may have other family members with accounts.

Did you know that some online registration systems do not require full address details, so if you were registering for A website ;) entering letter number (number), number letter letter (any combination) will be accepted by the form, it may just give some message about not delivering to that address and then just ask you to enter an email and choose a password ... no other details then required ...

HTH

Anon
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Evening all
    Sorry cant cant catch up eyes still not right but heres my shop
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Fresh 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    0.08x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.06 £0.06
    3x Right Guard Total Defence 5 Cool 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £6.00 £4.50
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.08 £0.07
    1x MAOAM Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    2x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Sport 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £4.00 £3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £12.34 £9.33
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    from a shop today v !!!!!!
    6x Gillette Mach 3 Disposable 5 Razors (5pk)
    £42.00 £30.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport