2»

Comments

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,230
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 20 March 2012 at 9:47AM
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Oh, and also, how much room is needed for the battery bank, and how long do they last, and ...... ok, so it comes down to a lot more than just 'how much?'

Mart.

My 4x 12v 26Ah batteries take up a space 40cm x 40cm (allowing air gaps) by 15 cm tall and would supply around 1 kw for an hour or two. Apparently rrp of a set like that would be around £200 (mine were good s/h so a lot less). If you wanted to upgrade that to 3kw for 8hrs you'd presumably want another dozen sets.

I understand they're supposed to be good for several thousand cycles - which the way mine is used (only discharging if there's a power cut) should be several hundred years but if you were going to discharge & recharge every day you might need to replace every 5 or 10 years.

Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Costs: In fairness, shouldn't really think of the spare generation as free, as technically we are getting paid 3.1p for it.
    Very few of us will be measuring exports and being paid 3.1 ppu. 'Norm' is to get 1.55p for everything generated (same as 3.1p for half of it). For the purposes of this calculation, you can therefore usually assume you're getting it for nothing.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    EricMears wrote: »
    Very few of us will be measuring exports and being paid 3.1 ppu. 'Norm' is to get 1.55p for everything generated (same as 3.1p for half of it). For the purposes of this calculation, you can therefore usually assume you're getting it for nothing.

Until smart meters come along that will be able to measure (and transmit) export. At which point the 'deemed' export of 50% will probably be replaced with accurate export payments (which will benefit the majority who export >50%).
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • mysterons
    mysterons Posts: 134
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Nothing new here it's just an existing product re-badged in an attempt to cash in on people who've recently invested in pv

http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16936.0.html
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,230
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    mysterons wrote: »
    Nothing new here it's just an existing product re-badged in an attempt to cash in on people who've recently invested in pv

I see the Navitron users agree with my guestimate of the cost of batteries required.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • mysterons wrote: »

Nice link. Thanks. :)
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business