Vodafone complaints

Comments

• glitter123
    glitter123 Posts: 495 Forumite
    glitter123 wrote: »
    I've now sent my complaint email to the CEO. I'm fed up with CS fobing me off. According to them I was given a 9 month discount for an 18 month contract - I know I didnt agree to that.

I had an email from CS (I asked for a reponse in writing I want to avoid any future doubt about what has been agreed).

Firstly the apology and then
    I've checked your account and can see that your query has been resolved

Resolved? What is that supposed to mean? In what way has it been resolved?:confused::confused:

I also asked a couple of very valid questions in my email but have been totally ignored. :doh:
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    You should be grateful; at least they responded! Lol! Seems like their usual standard of "customer service".
  • fatboy88
    fatboy88 Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That is there standard response that the issue has been resolved. I had 3 of them before my letter went to the CEO but a manager rang before i got a response
  • glitter123
    That's the response I had after I wrote to the CEO :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • jblackmore
    jblackmore Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've had problems with Vodafone before, renewal mistakes, and price plan cockups, have always found if you use their contact us page and include FIT135 in title, this gets picked up very quickly, and the FIT team have sorted out problems very quickly - nowadays I have one go to 191 on the phone to sort something, and if they can't or don't I use FIT135 and this has worked very well for me last year or so.
    I don't work for Vodafone, but think this is worth a go!
  • im new to this so appologies if ive done it wrong?????
    i was in the last month of my contract with vodafone, i had no contact from them about re-newing a contract so i stopped the direct debits from account and intended to pay when they sent me a bill by post presuming it would be my last one, they then cut me off forwaring a bill a week or so later, which i paid in full, i then disposed of the handset and took a new contract with another company the following month i receive a bill for 1 month?? so i contact vodafone and tell them i was in the last month of my contract then they cut me off as far as i was concerned tthe case was closed, they said "but we switched it back on after you paid your bill" i received no letters or notification that they had re-activated this account this went on for 2 months till they decided to close the account and now are expecting me to pay a bill for a phone which i no longer had and service that i did not use?
    can anyone offer any advice? would be much appreciated
    do i have a leg to stand on ? or do i have to pay them ?
    if i do they can have£1 a week
    bloomin vultures they are
  • ssgtsnelly
    ssgtsnelly Posts: 151 Forumite
    Mr Not, it seems you didnt tell them that you wanted to end your contract with them, cancelling your DD does NOT end the contract, as its a service Vodafone will continue to provide you with it after your contracts minimum term until you WRITE to them and tell them otherwise, its in the Terms and Conditions of thier contracts that this must be done. So I suggest if you havent done so already you phone Vodas CS and ask for the address you need to write to to request a 30 notice of cancellation, if you dont then they WILL continue to bill you.

Best of luck
  • glitter123
    My faith in Vodafone's ability to respond to complaints/queries diminishes on a daily basis. Each time I ask them to confirm that they will honour the agreement I made with them I get a response which tells me what they see when they check my account. How is this resolving a problem?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    You had faith? Wow!
  • spooks_2
    spooks_2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Is it just me or has Vodafone's customer service gone down the toilet?

It has been 3 months and still the problems I've had haven't been dealt with. I don't know if there's been some policy change or new outsourcing to a different company but it's appalling. I actually joined Vodafone because of their customer service.

I don't want to delve to long into the issues here as its an essay but I've spent a total of seven hours hanging on the phone to 191, sent a dozen emails to customer service and sent letter by recorded delivery and still no solution. Each time I deal with someone different who tells me they'll do something only for it never to materialise. I've even had abuse over the phone. At times there's been no record of previous conversations or emails!. CONTINUITY!!!!!!

It all started with a faulty phone which took 3 weeks to replace, then I found out I'd been overcharged for 3 months and had contract details changed. I've estimated that they owe me over £130.

How do I get in contact with one person who can deal with all of these problems? Waiting on the phone isn't a solution as i've tried that for hours, and the email service is never with the same person. Any ideas?

Am I unlucky or have other people had this experience?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure