Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Comments

• GILL635
    GILL635 Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys

You may or may not remember me! I used to post on here a lot just over a year ago, but its been a pretty hellish 12 months for me, so I haven't been Swagging or on here really.

Anyhow, we're off to the states this year, so I'm back to earn some bucks for shopping vouchers when we're there.

I still have a balance of 1488, and my DT is 80.

From the looks of this thread, a lot seems to have changed with SB in my absence, so I'm hoping its still as good/easy as it used to be.

I'm also going to check out this Neobux if anyone wants to PM me a referral link ?

I'll update you all later

Gill x
  • I only hit the target three times in the past fortnight; twice because I was unexpectedly credited for some old surveys. My daily goal is 100 today.

I bother less and less with Swagbucks. I do the daily poll and NOSO, use codes if I'm around when they're released, might play a few rounds of Fyoozd if I'm in the mood, and if I'm doing a search for something I'll use Swagbucks, though since the search wins started happening less frequently, I'd just as soon use Google as it's a lot more flexible for targeted searches and the search results are better anyway. I don't use Swagbucks anymore for tasks, surveys or offers, as I get between twice and four times as much on other sites.

Swagbucks are shooting themselves in the foot by burying their heads in the sand when it comes to "user discontent".

It's ironic that the big promotion of Swagbucks by the MSE team--two mentions recently in the past few weekly emails, plus the #2 position on both the Top 20 Online Survey Sites and the Make Money Online list)--has coincided with the downward slide of Swagbucks in terms of site reliability and user satisfaction, eg. how poorly they pay vs. other sites, how many times surveys do not credit, how some 'Swaggernauts' are getting ridiculous daily goals, and how they skim 20%* off Paypal payments for UK users vs US users by not paying us in US dollars, unlike pretty much every other GPT site, etc etc.

People are starting to look elsewhere: Neobux and SurveyMad for tasks and offers, InboxPounds for PeanutLabs surveys, iPoll for "Trusted Surveys" (with double the pay vs Swagbucks) and so on.

Swagbucks is going to find that people are not as loyal as they were counting on. People are going to start going to where the bucks are (and it's not Swagbucks...)

Join me now, oh disillusioned Swaggernauts, on the multi-sites earning thread :D

* For those in the US: 5000 SB = $50
    For those in the UK: 4949 SB = £25 ($39.94)
    R.I.P. Bart. The best cat there ever was. :sad:
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    2 things please
    firstly my sponsor pay section has been blank for months says there are no offers available in my country (UK) anyone else had this? how do I sort it?

secondly I completed a long survey around 2 months ago for 400sb, left it 6 weeks as they suggested, sent claim in with survey number and screen shot of completion page saying my data had been sent etc. They are dismissing it saying my data never got to them and they wont pay, sent same email twice to me after i complained. Is there anything else I can do? bit miffed as it took me over an hour to do survey and I have proof of completion
    Thanks guys
  • spiritwood
    spiritwood Posts: 992 Forumite
    welcome back :)
    GILL635 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

You may or may not remember me! I used to post on here a lot just over a year ago, but its been a pretty hellish 12 months for me, so I haven't been Swagging or on here really.

Anyhow, we're off to the states this year, so I'm back to earn some bucks for shopping vouchers when we're there.

I still have a balance of 1488, and my DT is 80.

From the looks of this thread, a lot seems to have changed with SB in my absence, so I'm hoping its still as good/easy as it used to be.

I'm also going to check out this Neobux if anyone wants to PM me a referral link ?

I'll update you all later

Gill x
    Originally Posted by easylife73:

Totally enjoyed your glittery fanjo spiritwood...and how totally wrong does THAT sound??!
  • CC2
    CC2 Posts: 436 Forumite
    I've not been able to Swag much lately, got too much else going on. The last three days I've earned 12, 3 and 4 SBs. So why on earth is my target for today 100SB????? I really don't know how they're working these out. I didn't even get 7 days in a row at any point in April.
    Challenge: Make £2024 in 2024

Playtime Rewards: £202
    Prograd: £20
    Prolific: £38.56
    Consumer testing: £45
    Vinted: £10
    Cashback (Chase): £18.19
    Interest: £88.21
    Nielsen: £5
    YouGov; £50.00
    Swagbucks: £100
    Test Em All: £10
    TesterUp: £79.70

Total: £666.66
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    It appears that Swabucks UK have deleted the discussion earlier this morning on Facebook about the individual daily targets. I am furious. It seems that they don't want people to know about them. I find that totally underhand and morally appalling. I agree with ThriftyFelicity, if this is the way they treat loyalty then they will lose my custom
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • Lost2
    Lost2 Posts: 15,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    My target to day is 80sb
    but I can't be bothered :)
    Sealed Pot Number 018 🎄2009..£950.50 🎄2010..£256 🎄 2011..£526 🎄2012..£548.80 🎄2013...£758.88🎄2014...£510 🎄2015...£604.78 🎄2016...£704.50 🎄2017...£475 🎄2018...£1979.12 🎄2019...£408.88🎄2020...£1200.63...🎄2021…£588 🎄2022 £672… 🎄2023 £3,783.90 🎄2024…£
  • paulshorse

Join me now, oh disillusioned Swaggernauts, on the multi-sites earning thread :D

* For those in the US: 5000 SB = $50
    For those in the UK: 4949 SB = £25 ($39.94)

Thanks for the thread, I'm definitely going to be there :)
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    2014 goal £180/600
  • Inferno
    Inferno Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I joined Swagbucks in early February of this year and have noticed a decline and decay in what Swagbucks offers as a package - it's main selling point - so much so that my loyalty has been seriously tested.

On the Facebook page there is a vast amount of mentions of their commitment to Customer Service.

This, however, is just lip-service, from what I can gather.

Criticism, as long as constructive and justified, should be welcomed and thoroughly dealt with or explained by any reputable company.

Swagbucks, however, do not take kindly to this criticism and it seems recent posts about the bizarre introduction of Daily Targets have been censored by removal, as paulshorse has mentioned.

If they responded to these issues in a timely and honest manner with a sensible explanation, then I can accept that and I may even agree, but to delete honest queries about the ninja-like introduction of Daily Targets really sticks in my throat.

It seems if you want a post to remain on the Facebook page and maybe even get a response, then you have to blow kisses and fawn to every move, no matter how sinister, that Swagbucks make.
  • paulshorse
    Inferno wrote: »
    I joined Swagbucks in early February of this year and have noticed a decline and decay in what Swagbucks offers as a package - it's main selling point - so much so that my loyalty has been seriously tested.

On the Facebook page there is a vast amount of mentions of their commitment to Customer Service.

This, however, is just lip-service, from what I can gather.

Criticism, as long as constructive and justified, should be welcomed and thoroughly dealt with or explained by any reputable company.

Swagbucks, however, do not take kindly to this criticism and it seems recent posts about the bizarre introduction of Daily Targets have been censored by removal, as paulshorse has mentioned.

If they responded to these issues in a timely and honest manner with a sensible explanation, then I can accept that and I may even agree, but to delete honest queries about the ninja-like introduction of Daily Targets really sticks in my throat.

It seems if you want a post to remain on the Facebook page and maybe even get a response, then you have to blow kisses and fawn to every move, no matter how sinister, that Swagbucks make.

I thoroughly agree with what you say, Inferno. The discussion this morning was not particularly critical about Swagbucks - people were confused and were asking questions about how it was all worked out and comparing earnings and targets. To have that discussion deleted by Swagbucks UK seems to me to be not only clinical censorship but totally pathetic and quite sinister.
    2014 goal £180/600
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills