Make hay whilst the sun shines.

Comments

• Oops. And I've left it for months this time. :o

Sig all updated so we did hit our MFW 2012 target. Then we moved onto saving for new car. Once we've hit that total the money will sit there until current car goes 'pop'. Car pot will be full in March 13.

I've joined the MFW 2013 challenge with a starter for ten target of £1200 again. Once car is saved for we're having a big sit down and will adjust the target. Mr MM is really looking forward to this bit. :D

I've got a new job (last day at old one today :() which means that I'll be able to walk to work from now on. Old company were relocating and I couldn't manage the commute with school drop offs and pick ups etc. Two good things about walking to new work: 1. Save petrol money; 2. Get fitter. Since foot op I have managed to get back to walking normally but am very unfit compared to how I used to be.

So, in short we're going into 2013 with:

No debt
    Car pot nearly full
    All annual expenses for 2013 (insurance, car tax, Christmas, holidays, dentist, breakdown cover etc) saved
    Everyone healthy

It feels like a good place.

Happy new year!

MM
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Oops. And I've left it for months this time. :o

Sig all updated so we did hit our MFW 2012 target. Then we moved onto saving for new car. Once we've hit that total the money will sit there until current car goes 'pop'. Car pot will be full in March 13.

I've joined the MFW 2013 challenge with a starter for ten target of £1200 again. Once car is saved for we're having a big sit down and will adjust the target. Mr MM is really looking forward to this bit. :D

I've got a new job (last day at old one today :() which means that I'll be able to walk to work from now on. Old company were relocating and I couldn't manage the commute with school drop offs and pick ups etc. Two good things about walking to new work: 1. Save petrol money; 2. Get fitter. Since foot op I have managed to get back to walking normally but am very unfit compared to how I used to be.

So, in short we're going into 2013 with:

No debt
    Car pot nearly full
    All annual expenses for 2013 (insurance, car tax, Christmas, holidays, dentist, breakdown cover etc) saved
    Everyone healthy

It feels like a good place.

Happy new year!

MM

Sounds good to me! And we have the same target for 2013 mfw so I'll cheer you on! :T
  • Calfuray - A MFW 2013 twin! Happy New OP Year! Lets cheer each other on!
  • Ooooh I bet that's a good feeling having all of your major expenses already put aside!
    Slow progress is better than no progress.
  • Its brill. I've been doing it like this since hubby was made redundant for the second time in 2007. Took a couple of years to be able to get a whole year ahead to be honest. But I love it now we're there. We add up the coming years known expenses then divide by 12 and save that much each month. If hubby ever gets made redundant again we've got all major expenses covered and we can choose not to go on the holiday as planned so it acts like an emergency buffer too.

Now, if only I could deal with a bit of the mortgage!
  • Hey MM
    Good luck on the new job! :)
    2013 goals sound good- getting fitter and saving for a new car also on mine , so will follow your progress too!

Reading your post about Topcashback reminded me to check mine and whadda you know - £30 payable!! so thanks for the reminder! :)
    Have a lovely :xmastree:
  • Thank TYO. Hope you have a happy Christmas and an MSE 2013 too.

We can bolster each other up towards the end of January / beginning Feb when the resolution spirit starts to fade away........ :o
  • Ah-ha I found your thread!

Great goals for 2013... now I'm subscribed I can follow your progress too.
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • Ta MRN. But now I feel under pressure to make some progress on those goals! :p

I'm sure I'll be fine..... :whistle:

Am sitting on sofa with PJs on. I was actually dressed when I joined GG's partaay at 7.30am this morning but have tackled Mr S's tonight and have decided that I can justify blobbing about on my behind for the remainder of the evening! Is the party still in full swing?
  • Mr S's shop:

Budget of £70.00 for normal weekly shop.
    Extra Christmas things: booze to take when we go visiting, all the bits for entertaining 9 people here on Xmas day and yet more incohol to take with us to a little soiree on New Years Eve. Oh, and a bottle of Mr S's pretend Baileys for me! Used Nectar points for this : £47.50 worth and had to subsidise it with £25.88 from my little slush fund. I'm quite chuffed with that. I'm sure it could be done for less but I had Mr MM and the we mm's in tow - what can you do? :o

Just gotta pay for gigantical turkey tomorrow and I'm done. :xmastree:

MM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills