Top Bank Accounts Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    From one grammar Nazi to another I don't agree with your correction. It's odd that there is no verb to iterate, so that when you interate more than once you reiterate.

My esteemed Collins English Dictionary for Advanced Learners (a terrific buy at £4.99 from a remainders shop) defines reiterate as 'something you say again, usually to emphasise it'.

So I think Steve was right. He could have used repeat and we wouldn't have had this conversation. :)

Strangely enough, I was quoting the CED.

You seem to be missing my point though. As far as I can see, SteveXX had neither reiterated nor repeated "you cannot switch from the "Reward" account and retain the £3 reward!" - that was the first time he'd made that blindingly obvious point.

This has been one of the barmiest threads I've ever read on MSE.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    Strangely enough, I was quoting the CED.

You seem to be missing my point though. As far as I can see, SteveXX had neither reiterated nor repeated "you cannot switch from the "Reward" account and retain the £3 reward!" - that was the first time he'd made that blindingly obvious point.

He hadn't but someone else had. He was reiterating what someone else said.

Hunting the better places for your hard-earned can never be barmy; boring, repetitive yes but never barmy :)
  • polymaff
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    He hadn't but someone else had. He was reiterating what someone else said.

Hunting the better places for your hard-earned can never be barmy; boring, repetitive yes but never barmy :)

We'll have to agree to differ on both points. Any resemblance between this last "can I close an account and still get its benefits" sub-thread and meaningful input passes me by
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »

Clearly, you don't spend as much time on here as I do:rotfl:
  • Baalmaiden
    Baalmaiden Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    A very basic question about switching current accounts - your direct debits are automatically switched to your new account, but what about payments in? I have my FIT payment for my solar panels paid into my current account, will this be arranged for my new account?
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Baalmaiden wrote: »
    A very basic question about switching current accounts - your direct debits are automatically switched to your new account, but what about payments in? I have my FIT payment for my solar panels paid into my current account, will this be arranged for my new account?

It worked for me with an investment dividend received at the new switched account (M&S).
  • polymaff
    Options
    Baalmaiden wrote: »

Q: What happens to payments that people send to my old account?

A: The Current Account Switch Service will redirect payments to your new account. Each time an electronic payment is redirected an automatic message is sent back to the originator advising them of the new account details so they can update their records. Some organisations may contact you directly to confirm your details have changed.

https://www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk/helpandsupport/Pages/help.aspx
  • positiveR
    positiveR Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Just opened the TSB via the newsletter link; online accepted and set-up in minutes. Switch (from co-op, only been there a month!) is due next Friday. How long before the bonus is paid?
  • Former_MSE_Rosie
    Options
    Hi positiveR, the bonus is paid within 28 working days of the switch completing as long as you meet all the terms. For more see Best Bank Accounts. Thanks, MSE Rosie.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    Options
    I understand that the Vantage of Lloyds AC has been removed.

I wonder, is there still any requirement to fund it each month to get interest ??

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure