IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Wye Valley Visitors Centre PCN (ParkingEye)

Comments

• The_Deep wrote: »

Thanks. If I don't get any joy from the landowners then I will definitely be posting some negative reviews
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Great - let us know, and if it is all rejected, win at POPLA instead, with forum assistance.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • So PE have rejected the appeal and I have my POPLA code. No communication from the landowners in the 10 days since I wrote to them so I assume they are not going to help.
  • Coupon-mad
    OK so have a look at other recent 2017 ParkingEye POPLA drafts appeals on other threads (search for keywords). And get the template POPLA appeal points from post #3 of the NEWBIES thread, to make it long and detailed top put them off contesting it.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    keep an eye on the POPLA code expiry time, then try something like this, if they are not playing ball, then i dont see any reason why you shouldn't go full bore at them,

Dear Wye valley visitors centre,
    Re parking charge notice _____ issued by your agents, Parking eye.
    I have attempted to be reasonable with you on this issue, however you have ignored all of my attempts to communicate with you on this matter.
    I would again like to remind you that you are jointly and severally liable for the actions of your agents, in this case Parking Eye.
    I expect a reply from you on this issue as a matter of urgency.

I have alos noticed that you have failed to remove the missleading statement on your website http://bookings.wyevalleyvisitorcentre.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=6&id=78&Itemid=346
    regarding your agents, Pakring eye, where you state "If you want to appeal a Parking Charge Notice there is an independent regulated appeal process See the Parking Charge Notice for details.

Please respect that it is not the business of Wye Valley Visitor Centre staff to give customer support on this issue."

For your information, the Private parking industry is not regulated the British Parking Association limited is not a Regulatory body, it is a private members trade association and its so called code of practice was written by the BPA ltd and as no legal standing.
    POPLa is funded directly by the BPA ltd and it to can not be considered independent.
    As such I consider this statement on your website to be misleading at best and fraudulent at worst, I expect you to remove these claims form your website with immediate effect, contact all those who have been affected by a parking charge notice issued by Parking eye and re-fund them for any moneys that may have paid as a result of your misleading claims.

The false claims on your website fall foul legislation backed up by the Advertising Standards Agency, who may also report this to Trading standards as being in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, this in itself is a criminal offence which can be processed through the Magistrates Court, Fines from a successful prosecution are unlimited and may also involve a custodial sentence of up to two years, see this leaflet for more details:
    https://www.asa.org.uk/asset/447A954A-A36D-4FEE-A9DCCC72DB35E66F/

I feel that I have wasted enough time in dealing with this issue, and for the sake of expediency I will be constructing a POPLA appeal, however if you choose not to cancel this parking charge notice then i will have no other option than to consider charging you £19 per hour or part there of for my time plus any additional costs / expenses
    A copy of this letter has been posted to you by Royal mail and I have a certificate of postage which can be used as evidence that you have received it, should you chose to ignore this letter.
    I look forward to hearing from you within the next few days
    I also expect that you will now remove the misleading claims on your website, if not then I will have no other option that to report this matter to the Advertising standards agency.
    Yours, Million percent.

You could also post something similar to their face book page.
    note if you do threaten anything such as reporting to the ASA you must go through with it

this is the facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/WyeValleyVisitorCentre/
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Myci85
    Myci85 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How did you get on with your appeal?

I have today received a PCN from the same place and am furious with them. They clocked me going in at 10.59 and going out at 15.09. They admitted on the phone that they can see I paid for 4 hours parking which expired at 15.06, but they are still trying to say I exceeded the grace period! So they are trying to make me pay £100 for going 3 minutes into the 10 minute maximum grace period demanded by the BPA legislation. I know that I will win if I appeal it as I am completely within the guidelines set out by BPA, however I am so cross with them for trying to con me out if money unfairly, knowing full well most people would just pay up, that I feel like I want to either invoice them for my time and distress, or actually take them to court and see how they like being on the receiving end! I just don't know if it would be futile and a waste of my time.

What do people more experienced in this matter think?
  • Coupon-mad
    You will win at POPLA on the Grace periods and ParkingEye are really trying it on recently with ten/eleven minute overstays, despite the Board resolution of the Professional Development & Standards Board meeting on 30th July 2015, linked here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5637808

You can see, it was agreed over 18 months ago, that the minimum 'grace period' would match Council/byelaws ones of a minimum of eleven minutes, not ten (and not a maximum, a bare minimum, which would be even longer under various circs that cause delays, not limited to disability...plenty of things can cause a delay).

You will win that at POPLA with that evidence but you have to show POPLA as they will not know about that meeting.

HTH, if you want comments on your draft POPLA appeal you must start your own thread.
  • Myci85
    Myci85 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you coupon mad. Presumably I should go through Parking Eye's appeal process before I get to POPLA involvement? And do you think there would be any point trying to take them to court over them clearly contravening the code of conduct issued by BPA, or should I just appeal, get it cancelled and leave it be? I'm just so annoyed I'm having to waste my time and effort on this when they should never have issued the notice in the first place!
  • Coupon-mad
    You have to appeal to PE first to get a POPLA code.

And yes, we encourage a fightback but more along the lines of suggesting that PE had no grounds to obtain your data at all, starting with a complaint to the ICO and finishing with a claim for compensation for data misuse, if you fancy a punt - as per Timothea's DPA thread.

But win this appeal first. If you want it cancelled quickly, throw all the evidence at them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure