Credit score

Options
A general question, I've never monitored my "credit score' until recently as it wasn't generally available years ago. However I signed up to the cc score on mse and I get it as part of my Bcard as well.
prior to Oct 2016 my score was 995, then in Oct I applied for a mortgage, I'd paid the previous one off a couple of years ago, a bb contract in Jan, a store card in Jan and a cc in Feb. Prior to this I had no debt and have very little debt in relation to my income now. My score has dropped to 650 and I'm now told I'm a poor credit risk.
Is this generally what happens. I've no Cc judgements, missed payments, and I',m on the electoral list, nothing negative financially.
Does this all this mean anything or should I ignore? and it will get better over the next 6 months or so?

Comments

• cooltt
    cooltt Posts: 852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Spam......
  • iwblue
    iwblue Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sorry don't understand cooltt?
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your score isn't seen by anyone other than you.

Lenders will only look at the data of previous accounts/dates/late payments etc
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    iwblue wrote: »
    A general question, I've never monitored my "credit score' until recently as it wasn't generally available years ago. However I signed up to the cc score on mse and I get it as part of my Bcard as well.
    prior to Oct 2016 my score was 995, then in Oct I applied for a mortgage, I'd paid the previous one off a couple of years ago, a bb contract in Jan, a store card in Jan and a cc in Feb. Prior to this I had no debt and have very little debt in relation to my income now. My score has dropped to 650 and I'm now told I'm a poor credit risk.
    Is this generally what happens. I've no Cc judgements, missed payments, and I',m on the electoral list, nothing negative financially.
    Does this all this mean anything or should I ignore? and it will get better over the next 6 months or so?

What positives are listed ?
  • iwblue
    iwblue Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No ccj, no missed payments, low debt, low repayment to income, on electoral roll, nothing negative mentioned
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Credit score-related matters really go in this forum:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=257
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    iwblue wrote: »
    No ccj, no missed payments, low debt, low repayment to income, on electoral roll, nothing negative mentioned

The credit "score" is a very vague number that a non-lender believes an actual lender might take into account.

It's rarely accurate and actual lenders can't see, let alone give two figs about your "score."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure