Verus Associates

Options
Had a call last night from Verus Associates it seems the registered company is Debt Ace. they called regarding ppi claim and stupidly convinced me i have a large claim, today i have found out they have charged my credit card nearly £500 without properly informing me anyone had any experience with this company previously ??:( Is this a Scam ?? tried calling them loads today and nobody answers :(:(:(:(

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Read this thread, you've done the same thing....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5137592
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Head_Hunter
    Options
    Still nobody has answered my call !!! Am I able to charge this back with my bank ? Anyone else got any experience with versus associates ?? Thanks
  • societys_child
    Options
    Have you read the thread that -taff linked to in post #2?
    Have you followed the advise given in that thread by magpiecottage?
    Have you contacted your bank?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5137592
  • Head_Hunter
    Options
    Yes just seen it, not sure what happened there the good news is that my credit card company are arranging to chargeback the transaction.

My advice to anyone thinking about using Verus associates is seriously do not, do not give them credit card details as they will take money from the account.
  • Alan1984
    Options
    Venus associates also called me. Claimed they had info I had outstanding monies owed from my bank. Very abrupt sales person basically fishing for my details. He then proceeded to ask for my credit card details. Extremely dubious pitch made me feel uncomfortable so o finished the call.

One word "scam"
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    Please report this company's activities to consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk
  • Head_Hunter
    Options
    I cant charge back the fee i paid with the bank as apparently the payment was processed third party by a company called TMG ?? and the bank cant help me !! anybody got any other ideas how i can get the money back from Verus associates ? i feel sick that i have allowed these con artists to take money off my credit card

Thanks
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    That seems incorrect. There are no rights under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act if the money is taken by somebody else, but if you did not authorise a payment to TMG then they are not entitled to the money.

So I suggest you back to the bank and tell them that you never authorised a payment to anybody called TMG and therefore want the money refunded.
  • BEATLE
    Options
    i Also got scammed by this company about 4 months ago they took nearly £500 off my card without my consent and have refused to re fund me even the website looks like a cheap scam.

I will try contact my bank as the above poster mentions so thanks ?

How on earth are Verus associates allowed to trade when all they do is rip people off ??
  • Redkev2014
    Options
    Hi head hunter , can I please ask what bank you are with , I have had the same problem as you , 499.00 taken out of my credit card !!!😬😬 i
    what did you say to your bank ?
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family