PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Comments

• Morning!!!

Well,weather is lovely and sun is shining, so I've got a bit more enthusiasm today for decluttering. I just need to finish my cup of tea :D

Yesterday I had a mini declutter, and have got rid of:

53. Baby sleeping bag, sold on ebay & posted
    54. Bag of creams for son's eczema- they didn't work!
    55. Cleared out drawer in kitchen & filled carrier with rubbish
    56. Pile of clothes put in CS bag
    57. Odd sock bag sorted & paired - others thrown out as they've been there ages!

Ditch 100 in January Challenge: 57/100

Progress is slow, but I'm getting there :o If I'd counted individual objects instead of grouping them, I reckon I'd be in the hundreds by now:eek:
    96 items decluttered so far in 2013 :)
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi
    My kitchen is immaculate - for a change!
    37. black bag or rubbish
    38. bag of recycling
    39. another mug, handle fell off
    40. junk mail
    41. bar of dairy milk yum lol :)
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know if you can recycle photographs, I have loads of ones that mean nothing to me, i.e someones arm, or some random puppies and some trees (?) but not sure whether to bin or recycle.

Hi
    Im a recycling officer :D
    you cant usually recycle photos but check your local authorities website.

Try:

putting the best ones on ebay - they might be good for art/crafting/ student projects

take to your local library ask them if they have photo library - local authorities or historical societies may have use for them

local newspaper if they are old photos

ones that are not good for reuse - could ask local school if they want them for collage activities- or you could make a collage from them

photo paper contains heavy metals and should not be binned you could ask the local jess*ps, MrT erc if they would take them for disposal
    Nat
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • I've suddenly got loads of bids on my items over night! Wow. Looks like some of it might actually sell! Got to run out soon and go to JC and then straight to OHs so don't think I'll get anything done this weekend doh!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I think i will be buying new work clothes for MrJudi the weekend. His old ones will be going in the bin when he gets home. He has done nothing but moan about broken zips, shrunken thermals and only having one thermal hoodie (i guess he is fashionable after all :D).
  • I just had a comp win arrive, a £47 car valeting kit with all sprays and shampoos, sponges etc decluttering it straight into the hands of my other half who is a car cleaning crazy ex valeter who will either love it or moan that the products aren't right for his car. Yay.
  • Urgh. My cork tile display bnoard over my craft desk fell apart over night. The thud that I thought was a cat turned out to be 3 tiles falling off the wall. Have pushed them back on but don't hold out much hope for the supposedly 'self adhesive' tiles to be self-adhesive. Fortunately haven't left eBay feedback yet!
  • Really time to go now, will try pop on over the weekend. Good luck to all tackling the clutter this weekend ♥
  • aligerdie
    aligerdie Posts: 576 Forumite
    Just had a quick blitz while the baby was asleep:

58. 2 swimming costumes, charity bag
    59. mini table tennis set , charity
    60. bag of rubbish from DD'sroom.
    61. bag of stuff from bathroom
    62. Cracked plastic bin, for tip
    63. Pile of cardboard for recycling
    64. Bag of tiny baby clothes - to sister for my tiny niece (born in Dec at 27 weeks, and just been transferred to local hospital)
    65. Large bag of tin cans for recycling
    66. Baby wipes emptied & box put in recycling
    67. Bagof rubbish from garage, to tip.

Ditch 100 in January Challenge: 67/100
    96 items decluttered so far in 2013 :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ive been generously given another phone and ive put a new sim in it. Its my 4th now, the other 3 are all used for surveys/shopandscan and stuff. I'll have to think of how i can utilize this one if not, Ebay here i come!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure