Working Tax Credits When Off Sick

hI

Ineed some advice. I am currently off sick from work and am about to receive SSP only as Company sick pay is only paid for six weeks. I am in receipt of WFTC and wondered if when I go onto SSP only would I be entitled to further WFTC. My partner works so we would still be eligible for the WFTC. Or is there any other benefits I could apply for

Many thanks

jackie

Comments

• Auzelia
    Auzelia Posts: 806 Forumite
    I claimed WTC and CTC when I was off sick from my work, even though I had to apply for IB as my work wouldnt pay me SSP.
    I think you can claim WTC and CTC up to 26 odd weeks of being off sick as long as you are still in employment, but im sure subsoniccoyote or someone else will come along and tell your for definate
  • kurjam
    kurjam Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Auzelia wrote: »
    I claimed WTC and CTC when I was off sick from my work, even though I had to apply for IB as my work wouldnt pay me SSP.
    I think you can claim WTC and CTC up to 26 odd weeks of being off sick as long as you are still in employment, but im sure subsoniccoyote or someone else will come along and tell your for definate

i also claimed ct credits when off sick and getting ib, i was told after 26 weeks you are no longer classed as being in work even if you have an employer (thats if your on ib)... but it would not have made no difference as i dont qualify for wtc anyway
  • When off ill you can claim WTC until your SSP runs out - normally 28 weeks I think it is. If your partner still works enough hours after this the WTC should still contunue.

For WTC to increase you would need to work out an estimate of your 2008/09 income - for both of you. If the 08/09 income is less than last years earnings you will see an increase.
  • You can claim working tax credits for up to 28 weeks while off sick.
    After this there is now currently allocation of also a "4 week run on" which in total would be 32 weeks of working tax credits while sick.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    AzimScot wrote: »
    sorry old post but is this still the case in April 2011?

Could I politely suggest that you follow up on some of your other threads before asking more questions?
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport