IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NEWBIES!!! [Sticky Thread Comments Archive]

Options

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    reybiggs wrote: »
    what should I do?

Read the post above yours it will tell you what to do.
  • tawMurphy
    Options
    I received a letter yesterday from County Court Business Centre, in relation to a PCN issued on 13/11/2011. When the PCN was first issued I took advise online at that time that said if you are brave enough just ignore it! I did, and continued to do so. All went quiet. But I have now received the above letter. The incident took place so long ago that I have no documentation, no photos etc. Should I just pay up?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tawMurphy wrote: »
    I received a letter yesterday from County Court Business Centre, in relation to a PCN issued on 13/11/2011. When the PCN was first issued I took advise online at that time that said if you are brave enough just ignore it! I did, and continued to do so. All went quiet. But I have now received the above letter. The incident took place so long ago that I have no documentation, no photos etc. Should I just pay up?

You should read the posts before yours. All the ones that tell you NOT TO POST ON THIS THREAD.

You should then actually bother to read the start of this thread because it actually tells you what to do so you don't have to pay anything.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 March 2017 at 5:22PM
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    This thread is for general information only.

Please do not post questions about your parking tickets in this thread.

For personalised help and guidance from our wonderful forum regulars (for free :D) please start your own thread by clicking on this blue button:

UNLESS YOU ARE AT DEBT COLLECTOR STAGE (YAWN...DO NOTHING, JUST READ!) USE THE NEW THREAD BUTTON ABOVE, AFTER READING THE RELEVANT POSTS HERE:

#1 (appeals, what to put, when to time them & why NOT to give away the driver)
    #2 (LBCCC, claims and court defences)
    #3 (how to do a POPLA appeal re a BPA member and why NOT to try IAS re an IPC member but never pay them either) and
    #4 (ignore the debt collectors stage, toothless rubbish, no new thread on debt collectors pleeeease).

:)

Do NOT reply here...do NOT reply here..no, we are not telling you to pay!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kippertie
    Options
    If my request for information/guidance on car parking fine ended up on the 'general' thread then the site is not very clear.there seems to be several people who have done exactly this,so it suggests their is a weakness in the process/links/directions on how/where to go to get the right thread?
    If by chance I did start a new thread then great but my observation still stands given the sheer amount who have done as I've described above.
    regards kippertie
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 March 2017 at 8:06PM
    Options
    kippertie wrote: »
    If my request for information/guidance on car parking fine ended up on the 'general' thread then the site is not very clear.there seems to be several people who have done exactly this,so it suggests their is a weakness in the process/links/directions on how/where to go to get the right thread?
    If by chance I did start a new thread then great but my observation still stands given the sheer amount who have done as I've described above.
    regards kippertie

That doesn't alter the fact that this thread is for information only and there are dozens of posts asking you not to post on it. It is normally locked but is open for editing by the author. When she has finished it will be locked again.

The title tells you to read this thread first before posting.

The second and third lines tell you to start your own thread. If you read the whole thread (and it tells you not to skim read) then you see post after post telling you not to post on it.

The site is quite clear. Do not post on this thread. The weakness is in people not reading the instructions before blindly posting on an information thread, not an answering your question thread.

Also, if you genuinely received a fine, you are in the wrong place anyway because the whole of this thread has nothing to do with fines, only speculative invoices.

I can't see how the number of people failing to read and follow simple instructions makes you right, especially as you have done exactly that, posted when told not to.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    kippertie wrote: »
    regards kippertie

There is a NEW THREAD button immediately above your post.

You must have missed watching the advice guide about how to use the forum, when you joined? Hardly anyone posts here, just those who don't read the 'how to use the forum' info provided and who also completely miss what is right here:
    Crabman wrote: »
    This thread is for general information only.

Please do not post questions about your parking tickets in this thread.

For personalised help and guidance from our wonderful forum regulars (for free :D) please start your own thread by clicking on this blue button:

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Alexzkey
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you for this, I sent off the template for the BCA Highview parking fine, and within an hour I got all 4 I had cancelled, easy peasy! Thanks a lot!
  • Smgeorge
    Options
    Hello,

I have received a document from the court ordering me to pay for my parking ticket through civil enforcement. £350!!! I have about 23 days left of the 28 days left to do something. I don't want to risk disputing it and then losing and having to pay more money ? Can anyone help?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Read this thread from the start.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts