MLMs - Scentsy, PartyLite, Younique etc.

Options

Comments

• Fallen-Angel
    Options
    How many hours did you spend to get the £100 profit and how many to get £10 profit?

Sorry, only just seen this.

That £100 was during November/December of my first year and I spent a lot of time "working it"; several hours a day for the whole festive period. Throwing parties, engaging with my group, creating images, working out how to break down sets and offer them at a discount, posting in selling groups, Christmas stalls and evenings lost trying to connect to people who weren't online until after work.

The £10 was less work but still posting daily, engaging with people on evenings to the point my husband got fed up of not having any time with me. Definitely not returning the effort in money terms.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

That £100 was during November/December of my first year and I spent a lot of time "working it"; several hours a day for the whole festive period. Throwing parties, engaging with my group, creating images, working out how to break down sets and offer them at a discount, posting in selling groups, Christmas stalls and evenings lost trying to connect to people who weren't online until after work.

The £10 was less work but still posting daily, engaging with people on evenings to the point my husband got fed up of not having any time with me. Definitely not returning the effort in money terms.

So your earning rate per hour was minimal, well, well below NMW. I asked this question on (I think) the Avon thread a few years ago and received replies which can be paraphrased as that they didn't worry about how many hours they had to put in as they enjoyed the social aspect
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Synergy83
    Options
    i've been debating with myself over giving usborne books a try to make a little pocket money for myself but im not sure if i fancy messing around with taxes and then i also think that i buy a lot of kids books from charity shops so why would anyone buy full price from me, all the schools around me have sellers so i'd only really be trying to flog to my colleagues and though i might make a little at this time of year with people buying gifts it would drop off after, hah i think i just talked myself out of it writing this lol
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Synergy83 wrote: »
    i've been debating with myself over giving usborne books a try to make a little pocket money for myself but im not sure if i fancy messing around with taxes and then i also think that i buy a lot of kids books from charity shops so why would anyone buy full price from me, all the schools around me have sellers so i'd only really be trying to flog to my colleagues and though i might make a little at this time of year with people buying gifts it would drop off after, hah i think i just talked myself out of it writing this lol

Honestly just check the matches betting forum on here, irs not as scary as it sounds and it’s easy to make money. No tax involved
  • Synergy83
    Options
    i keep looking at it but i used to work in a bookies and find it hard to get over the idea of the punter ever really winning
  • ashe
    Options
    Synergy83 wrote: »
    i keep looking at it but i used to work in a bookies and find it hard to get over the idea of the punter ever really winning

The difference is that it doesn’t matter if the bet wins or loses because you have both outcomes covered, then use the free bets to generate profit.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Matched betting discussion is only allowed on that part of the forum , not here
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As per browntoe's post matched betting discussions are only allowed on the appropriate board. I would also remind all users about Martin's warning on that board:

WARNING! Matched Betting needs MASSIVE caution. Not for beginners!
    This board’s for matched betting not gambling, that ISN’T MoneySaving. Mistakes can cost £1,000s.

The correct forum for these discussions and to which any further posts will be moved is

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Fallen-Angel
    Options
    So your earning rate per hour was minimal, well, well below NMW. I asked this question on (I think) the Avon thread a few years ago and received replies which can be paraphrased as that they didn't worry about how many hours they had to put in as they enjoyed the social aspect

It was probably in the pence per hour if I'm completely honest, especially if I spread it out over the year and a half I did it.

Enjoying the social aspect sounds like a cop out to me. "Yeah, I don't earn much but I've made like 1 bajillion new friends from it who I talk to all day!" I used similar garbage when I tried to recruit others...I hate myself for that part of my life LOL
  • ashe
    Options
    It was probably in the pence per hour if I'm completely honest, especially if I spread it out over the year and a half I did it.

Enjoying the social aspect sounds like a cop out to me. "Yeah, I don't earn much but I've made like 1 bajillion new friends from it who I talk to all day!" I used similar garbage when I tried to recruit others...I hate myself for that part of my life LOL

Agreed, asking people that do it is always the worst source of info because they are almost indoctrinated to imply they make good profits or enjoy it Etc, and any serious challenge involving facts or figures usually entails their up line teleporting in to say how amazing it is and post memes at you to confirm their underlings position.

Always do your own research , plenty of sites will detail commission etc, and need to factor in your friends and family will dread your calls as will feel pressured to buy even if you aren’t pressuring them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure