PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Comments

• Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Caronc I have meniers disease too and it's awful - was DX 2010 with it and sometimes it's fine for years and other times it's awful all the time - I have MS too to lots of balance issues! I have a stick I use to steady myself when things are bad.

Today I've done quite a lot! No washing as it's hoying it down here! Took a chilli out of the freezer for me and DH - made jelly for the kids tomorrow in some new pretty glass dishes I picked up cheap and I made some yogurt and granola pots for mine and DH breakfast tomorrow (he takes his to work) I also have been using up the chicken left over from Sunday so have mixed it wait bacon and some mayo for DH sandwiches tomorrow. It doesn't seem like loads but it's a good house day using what I have in and not wasting stuff.

Hope everyone is well - oh almost forgot my one thing today was to sort out DD'a forms for her summer activities with the YC group she attends ✅ done and crossed off - might tackle something bigger tomorrow if I feel up to it!
    Living the simple life
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,059
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Tink_04 wrote: »
    Caronc I have meniers disease too and it's awful - was DX 2010 with it and sometimes it's fine for years and other times it's awful all the time - I have MS too to lots of balance issues! I have a stick I use to steady myself when things are bad.

Today I've done quite a lot! No washing as it's hoying it down here! Took a chilli out of the freezer for me and DH - made jelly for the kids tomorrow in some new pretty glass dishes I picked up cheap and I made some yogurt and granola pots for mine and DH breakfast tomorrow (he takes his to work) I also have been using up the chicken left over from Sunday so have mixed it wait bacon and some mayo for DH sandwiches tomorrow. It doesn't seem like loads but it's a good house day using what I have in and not wasting stuff.

Hope everyone is well - oh almost forgot my one thing today was to sort out DD'a forms for her summer activities with the YC group she attends ✅ done and crossed off - might tackle something bigger tomorrow if I feel up to it!
    You have my sympathies mine is steadfastly refusing to go into any kind of remission since last year (was eventually DX Mar 2016)- you kind of take your balance for granted until it doesn't play..... I'm stuck with a rollator at the moment as I just fall with a stick but fingers crossed. My original consultant told me that he believes that MD, MS etc. have common origin, many overlaps and frustrating for medics to try and resolve. I too try to do at least a few things each day - I try and concentrate on what I have managed rather than haven't which I find hugely helpful:)
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Good morning . I caught up on a lot of emails yesterday and the hands didn't like it ! One frog too many methinks .
    We have the sun today so I hope it's the same for you too . It lifts the mood so much provided it doesn't result in the dreaded humidity .

Prinzess thank you for the link . I have shopped at Lakeland for decades and myself and the offspring own identical items .
    I'm pleased to see that isn't too expensive , I imagined it would cost more . I just need to work out when to order . Our nearest store is over 20 miles away and it's a few years since we've managed the trip there so it will need to be an online order .
    As they use Hermes as the courier I'm going to have to give it some thought . Our original courier was wonderful but she gave up a few years ago . Her replacement is a nightmare and I've spent hours over the last few years talking to JL , Lakeland and other companies trying to track down orders she was meant to deliver .
    If it wasn't the LLand brand I'd source it elsewhere .
    I can't on a moneysaving site encourage your need for something shiny :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: unless as a back up if your present one fails or if your mum would benefit from your present one .

Caronc and Tink at least as you share a condition you will be able to discuss things here .

Wishing you all a good day . I need to pick two frogs to tackle , nothing too heavy as I'm out tomorrow and Friday and they will be long days .

polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,979
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Lovely warm and sunny morning here, 3rd load of washing waiting to be put out:D an empty laundry bin until the morning at least.

Off on Friday for 5 nights away in the caravan, Brecon direction this time. I should be looking forward to it, think that some of you lovely people may understand, but I do love my home and garden and it pains me that so much has gone to pot and I so want to use the small amounts of energy that I have to a) making some progress here and b) just enjoying being here.

Being away, even if I do not physically do much really does leave me feeling whacked and good for nothing for a while when back home. So far we did 3 weeks touring in beautiful north-east and Scottish borders in May and nearly a week in Warks in June.

I don't feel that I can refuse to go, this is a partnership after all and OH is so good and helpful, also I am mindful that my health issues have really made a complete and utter mess of all of our retirement plans. Hey ho, I guess that it is what it is and I really need to let go and live in the now, however a girl (even an old girl) has to have hope for better things:D

Take care and don't aim for too many frogs, there is always tomorrow (hopefully).
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • pollyanna_26
    Forumite
    Will be back later have discovered LW is ok just taking a breather .
    polly

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,979
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Great news thanks.:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • pollyanna_26
    Forumite
    Maddymay I understand exactly what you mean about the holidays and trips .
    I posted earlier in the thread on the same subject . Unlike yourself I do not have a husband or partner to consider now but I did meet with some flak from family when I tried to explain I wasn't always able to do the things I used to do .
    Much of it involved very long journeys and a week or so of up at the crack of dawn to go places and do things .
    It took a lot of time and I'm not convinced anyone really understood what I was saying but I had to put my foot down because the whole arguing back and forth was having a negative effect on my physical and mental health .
    I'd reached a point when any positives of a change of scene visiting lovely parts of the uk were wiped out by the utter crash and burn of the outcome .
    When I felt no-one was understanding what I was trying to point out I printed off a post from a fibro sufferer - not the worst health condition I have but one that can make you hit the floor if it flares badly . A lot of information in that post crossed over with things common to other aspects of my health in a brutal truth fashion .
    I still feel they didn't understand because if you don't have these conditions you don't see how limitations have to be dealt with to keep functioning .

I hope you do get some enjoyment from this break but maybe afterwards it could be an idea to try to talk to your husband openly and with care . You are partners in life and you shouldn't feel you are holding him back . He may not even think like that himself .

I do understand you'd like to be in the garden . As a lifelong gardener mine breaks my heart at the moment but I'm hopeful that when autumn comes and things die back a little if all the things in real life that we're working our way through this year as last calm down I will be out there again doing bite size bits to start getting control again .

Caronc I hope you've had a decent day and a bit of the sun .

Confession time sorry Maddiemay I failed to follow your advice and ate a few too many frogs so the rest have been thrown back in their pond for a day when I have a bit more sense . Hopefully one day that will happen I got carried away and know I will regret it tomorrow .
    I have everything ready for tomorrow and Friday so I aim for once for an early night . It's pretty humid here so fingers crossed for sleep .
    Wishing all a restful night , see you tomorrow evening .
    polly

• caronc
    Forumite
    Evening all,

I've been a bit "wabbit" today used too many spoons/frogs in the past few days:(. Still the rain did eventually stop and I had a wee potter in the garden:).

Completely get re going away - not on my agenda at the moment but even before all this I used to fret about kids/dogs/plants (not always in that order LOL).

After some overnight rain the forecast is ok from tomorrow afternoon onwards so I really need to use some more spoons/frogs and get the last of the planting done before I start the new meds. That way I can just sit back and apart from dead heading and watering enjoy my garden:D

Good to know LW is ok - I had lovely poochy hugs when my friends popped by earlier with their gorgeous 5 month old Labradoodle:D
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Evening - I've had a busy day but was appointments yesterday and today that wiped me out!

I find holidays and outings hard too but I have 2 young children so it's always going to be hard, last year we took my parents away with us and it helped take some of the stress off.

Managed to get the house semi decent today, gave the kids a small basket each to run around and collect up as many of their toys up as they could and the winner would be the one with the most toys! Got a tidy living room and only cost me a chocolate biscuit each for them as a prize! Now all sat with pjs on having a bit time watching cartoons together before bed!
    Living the simple life
  • caronc
    Forumite
    Today has been a bit of a "non-day"- balance decided that it was going to behave as though I'd just stepped off a fairground ride and the weather was rubbish...... Too many spoons/frogs used up in the past few weeks I think!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure