Ebay - INR

I have a buyer who claims that an item has not been received. Going by her "feedback left for others" this seems to happen quite frequently.

I sent it via a tracked service and it's showing as delivered (with a signature that she says isn't hers or that of anyone she works with).

I have asked the courier to investigate but they are dragging their heels somewhat. The buyer is now demanding a refund/replacement.

I am going to ask her to open a case and add the tracking details. Am I right in thinking that if I then ask Ebay to intervene, it will go in my favour? Or is it best to just wait until the buyer escalates it?

If it goes in my favour, would Ebay also remove any negative feedback that she may leave?

Obviously I will keep on at the courier in the meantime and if they refund then I'll refund her.

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yes if they open a case and tracking shows it delivered, then Ebay will find in your favour. Any feedback should be removed too. Stand your ground.

I have had this a couple of times with Hermes. Its always been found apart from once. The buyer was adamant it hadn't been delivered. Hermes sent me a form for the buyer to fill in and return to me. It was just for them to confirm the parcel hadn't been delivered. Had something about prosecution for making a false statement. I never heard from the buyer again.

Personally I would upload tracking immediately. Then just wait for the courier to get back to you and pass on what they say. I'd not bother asking them to open a case. If they do then you will win. If they have done this before then they are just hoping you crumble and refund. Just remember to block them.
  • mrcol1000 wrote: »
    Yes if they open a case and tracking shows it delivered, then Ebay will find in your favour. Any feedback should be removed too. Stand your ground.

I have had this a couple of times with Hermes. Its always been found apart from once. The buyer was adamant it hadn't been delivered. Hermes sent me a form for the buyer to fill in and return to me. It was just for them to confirm the parcel hadn't been delivered. Had something about prosecution for making a false statement. I never heard from the buyer again.

Personally I would upload tracking immediately. Then just wait for the courier to get back to you and pass on what they say. I'd not bother asking them to open a case. If they do then you will win. If they have done this before then they are just hoping you crumble and refund. Just remember to block them.

This.

Upload the tracking to the purchase and any case they open. Block them. Help with the carrier enquiries.
  • Thank you both so much for taking the time to reply. The tracking was added to the purchase page as soon as she said "Where's my item?"

Thanks for the reminder to block her.

And I won't bother asking her to open a case, I'll just wait for her to do it. I won't respond to any more messages from her either.
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    So, she opened a case with a very long sob story about how it was a Christmas present for someone and how disappointed she is, blah, blah, blah.

Tracking has been uploaded to Ebay and Paypal (prior to the case being opened) and added to the case.

Unsure whether to ring Ebay and ask them to close the case or let it run. Very tempted to ring them as I'm convinced that "requests" affect sales and I don't need that in the run up to Christmas.
  • You can ring, I do if I have the time. Some reps try and tell you that escalation can't be until day 8 but if you point out the tracking isn't going to change between now and then they should close it in your favour there and then.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,183 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've phoned before now and had the case closed immediately in my favour .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Bit the bullet and rang them. Case closed in my favour, which is going to really annoy the buyer. She'll probably try to go through Paypal now...

However, the courier have said (after I'd spoken to Ebay) that they are prepared to consider a claim, subject to the recipient completing a "denial of receipt form".

So I shall send her the form and go from there.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond.
  • Bit the bullet and rang them. Case closed in my favour, which is going to really annoy the buyer. She'll probably try to go through Paypal now...

However, the courier have said (after I'd spoken to Ebay) that they are prepared to consider a claim, subject to the recipient completing a "denial of receipt form".

So I shall send her the form and go from there.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond.

Good result. As it went in your favour, she can't leave feedback (or if she has it will go in the next 48 hours).

Perhaps pre empt her frustration if you feel she might just be genuine and send her a message explaining that whilst the case didn't go in her favour, you are happy to make enquiries with the carrier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure