Visa/Mastercard Chargeback article discussion

Options

Comments

• saversfriend
    Options
    Thanks Browntoa,

I have actually read that page already.

From the article I think I would have a case under the following two points:
    • Quality of item – the goods were not as described or were defective. - The chopping board is not dishwasher safe as described.
    • Non-delivery – the goods were not received as promised. I was promised a dishwasher safe chopping board.
    Thanks!
  • Mr.Tam
    Options
    Hi,
    I have a question please,I sent a chargeback (as an Issuer) but I didn't get any reply from the Acquirer(any presentment).What does it mean please I win the chargeback??
    thanks for reply
  • Alexandraaa
    Options
    Hello, I would like to ask for advise. I had booked a hotel (using booking.com) with non-refundable policy with debit Visa card. Unfornately my grandfather died a few days before the trip. The hotel denied refund no matter of the reasons. Can I do something using the section 75?
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello, I would like to ask for advise. I had booked a hotel (using booking.com) with non-refundable policy with debit Visa card. Unfornately my grandfather died a few days before the trip. The hotel denied refund no matter of the reasons. Can I do something using the section 75?
    No. That's what travel insurance is for.
  • ohit
    ohit Posts: 370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,
    I am trying to resolve a refund of £62 from Halifax after failed delivery from an online retailer. The purchase was in July and item for delivery in September (this delivery estimate/date is written on my order email).

The retailer has stop responding to any request of refund or delivery news. I believe they are still in business.

Halifax are refusing because it has been too long since July. They quoted the 120 days. I have tried to explain that I am/was within 120 days of September (delivery date), but they have refused and have closed the dispute case.

Advice please.
    Do I write to Halifax with a clearer letter or just go straight to the Ombudsman?
    (or does Mastercard time limit rules different to VISA?)

Please advise.

Many thanks.
  • JasminBrown
    Options
    Is anyone aware that the chargeback doesn't apply if you use your debit-and and card-reader? I got ripped -off by an estate agent who harassed me into paying £300 for a second viewing on a property which I was thinking about renting, saying that I could have my money back if I didn't take the property.The second viewing didn't go well, I didn't take the house so I asked for my money back. They said I couldn't have it back as the second viewing meant the landlord was out of pocket(!). I heard about the chargeback on your website so I approached my bank (RBS) who said they couldn't do a chargeback because I used a card-reader, even though it was paid on my debit-card. I even contacted the Financial Ombudsman who said the bank was right. It looks like the only way I can get my money back is by going through the Small Claims Court. I find it ridiculous that RBS force you to have a card-reader and when things go wrong they turn around and say you shouldn't have used it. Is there another scheme that protects you if you pay by debit-card and card-reader? Has anyone else been in this situation and if so any advice would be much appreciated.
  • goldilocks1704
    Options
    Would it be possible to do a charge back for windows, doors and conservatory from safestyle?
    Fitted Feb 2017, problems started October 2017 and they couldn't get anyone out till Feb 2018. They came to asses not fix, had appt yesterday which was the soonest they had to come back. They didn't turn up.. Apparently We didn't have an appt and still awaiting another call back. Conservatory bowed needs a whole new side. Gaps in roof, roof also leaks in other places. Door need re adjusting. Utility room panels all cracked. Bedroom window sills loose and edge strips coming off.
    Any help. Or advice appreciated.
    Tia
    :j:j :j:j
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would it be possible to do a charge back for windows, doors and conservatory from safestyle?
    Fitted Feb 2017, problems started October 2017 and they couldn't get anyone out till Feb 2018. They came to asses not fix, had appt yesterday which was the soonest they had to come back. They didn't turn up.. Apparently We didn't have an appt and still awaiting another call back. Conservatory bowed needs a whole new side. Gaps in roof, roof also leaks in other places. Door need re adjusting. Utility room panels all cracked. Bedroom window sills loose and edge strips coming off.
    Any help. Or advice appreciated.
    Tia

I think you are best waiting to see what replies you get from your other thread that you have going on before trying chargeback.
    If after you get nowhere with safestyle then it would have to be the legal route of small claims court.
    Do you have home legal insurance as they maybe the best people to ask.
    Your credit card company will ask lots of questions and you may have to fill out forms as i would think it's £1,000's you wanting to do a chargeback for?
  • goldilocks1704
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »
    I think you are best waiting to see what replies you get from your other thread that you have going on before trying chargeback.
    If after you get nowhere with safestyle then it would have to be the legal route of small claims court.
    Do you have home legal insurance as they maybe the best people to ask.
    Your credit card company will ask lots of questions and you may have to fill out forms as i would think it's £1,000's you wanting to do a chargeback for?

Thank you for your reply. Will check out the home legal insurance, in sure we have that
    :j:j :j:j
  • k-hkr
    k-hkr Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I am in the position, like many, of having paid for flights with TC Airways directly and using my visa debit card to pay. I have read up and the visa chargeback scheme is my only hope of getting a refund. I followed the advice in the MSE article and rang my bank using the number on the back of my debit card and asked to dispute a transaction. They went through the usual security questions and then asked which transaction so I gave them the date and amount. Once they realised it was a TC transaction the lady said that I would have to check the website later today or tomorrow for updated info on what to do. I explained that the chargeback scheme is my only course of action available and why this is the case but she repeated the mantra and, when asked which website she was referring to, said to check Thomas Cooks website! I said that their website would not tell me anything other than to use the chargeback scheme and contact my bank/card provider which I was doing. They basically would not raise a dispute case. Is this correct? I am going to now use the template letter on MSE and send that off rather than being fobbed off. I do wonder if Lloyds are maybe one of TC banks and I would be effectively trying to get them to refund me from their own coffers, hence the fob off.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback