Getting out of the rut that has become life!!!

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    £50 back will be nice!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • donkids22
    Options
    Just when you think your at the bottom there is a whole pile of rubbish and then a bottom lower than you could imagine. Thats how i feel at the moment i phoned the tax credits jan to tell them i had a pay rise from jan i received a notification from them yesterday saying i have been overpaid this year by 1131.90, our award for the year was 1139.59 (7.59 is what they owed us from a previous award) so it looks like our tax credits awars will be 0 then for the coming years. I am worried now how they are going to get the overpayment back as if we should be getting 0 then how can you take back from nothing. On the plus side i have worked out that the child benefit will pay for DD2 to go to the childminder for the rest of the year, with the money for afterschool club having to come out of my wages will need to readjust my budget and tighten the purse strings looks like a bumpy time ahead.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Poor you - we found the shift to no tax credits really hard too.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Really feel for you. I also found that lower bottom pile of rubbish this last few months and it stinks doesn't it? I just can't seem to get on top of it all. It doesn't help reading what meals out, trips etc other people post about on social media.

I hang onto the positive things to keep me ploughing on. The giggles from the girls playing- they come free. The fact that if i say 'maybe' next time then they don't kick up a fuss. And the fact that one day the bills will be paid and i will know what it feels like being the bottom of beyond and not want to go back there.

I don't mean this as a negative post, more so as you are not alone and sometime realising that makes things easier.
    Go get it!
  • donkids22
    Options
    I dont think this is negative thats how i feel at the moment i am considering a ban on social media as it is quite depressing lol. I need like you said to appreciate the small things as these are the things that are going to make us happy for the next year or so.

tibawo wrote: »
    Really feel for you. I also found that lower bottom pile of rubbish this last few months and it stinks doesn't it? I just can't seem to get on top of it all. It doesn't help reading what meals out, trips etc other people post about on social media.

I hang onto the positive things to keep me ploughing on. The giggles from the girls playing- they come free. The fact that if i say 'maybe' next time then they don't kick up a fuss. And the fact that one day the bills will be paid and i will know what it feels like being the bottom of beyond and not want to go back there.

I don't mean this as a negative post, more so as you are not alone and sometime realising that makes things easier.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry to read that, just what you don't need.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • donkids22
    donkids22 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well so far this week i have managed 3 NSDs in a row. Got paid tuesday and i have decided on a new way to curb the spending i have left al the money for the bills in the currant account and transferred whats left which is 230 into my saving account so if i spend any i will have to transfer it back hoping that the hassle of doing transfers will stop me.

Got a busy march ahead my sisters birthday already got present just need cards, mothers day present and cards, going to see Russell Howard (OH paid for these tickets) and Olly Murs (Tickets were DD1 christmas present) and afternoon tea with mum and sister. Lookung forward to these outings and hoping to stick to me diet and no alot of spending happening.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Oh dear just checked DD1 trip letter and realised i have to pay 85 by the 28 April which i havent budgeted for paid off 20 today so that leaves 65 which i am going to have to work into the budget. Had to pop out to get some sandwich meat as i forgot to get it tuesday when we did our weekly shop, so as usually came back with more than just sandwich meat another 14 pound lighter. Going shoping with mum and sister sunday but kids have vouchers left from christmas so hoping to get away with a small spend as i only really need to get cards and present for mothers day. Really need to make some time to get some things listed on fleabay to raise some funds.On the plus side yesterday was an nsd and tomorrow should be one as well.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Well not been a saving weekend but we have had fun saturday we went to the think tank birmingham lots of fun had by us and kids. Sunday went shopping with mum and sister got cards i needed to get but also got new duvet set, cardigan, bath mat and towels. these are things that were needed in the house except the cardigan:rotfl:. now to settle down to a low or no spend week. credit card have given me 59.80 off my card due to them charging me too much interest and i have been refunded 98 from the boots i had that broke so the card has come down by alot this month. Joined in the no more toiltries board as i have tons of shower gels, perfume, etc., joining this has helped me to focus on what i have and not buy any more tolietries and when i get another product out of the stash i put a pound in so this will help me re buy the products that i like the best and i am not going to buy products for the sake of buying them to store under the bed.
  • donkids22
    Options
    A house has come up for sale for offers over 85000. We near enough have the deposit of 10% 8500. How much do banks charge for arranging mortgages and how much are solictors fees as we have no real idea and it would be helpful so we know how much more we would need to save.

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport