Last Share you Bought?

Options

Comments

• Jay_G_5
    Jay_G_5 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    I got them at the same time but sold them last month. They fell but up strong today, ex div soon I think

Yeah ex-divi May 16th
    Current account - CO-OP Cashminder
  • BLB53
    BLB53 Posts: 1,583 Forumite
    Options
    The last share I bought was a top up of Dialight (DIA) @ 755p in Feb. They issued a very +ve FY statement recently and the SP is up around 40% to 1075p.

Their main business is industrial LED lighting. Market cap. is now around £330m so will soon be promoted to the FTSE 250 which should give the SP another boost.

Robbie Burns is a fan and also Mark Slater who runs the Slater Growth fund - I think DIA is a top three holding for the fund.

A lot further to go imo.
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    BLB53 wrote: »
    The last share I bought was a top up of Dialight (DIA) @ 755p in Feb. They issued a very +ve FY statement recently and the SP is up around 40% to 1075p.

Their main business is industrial LED lighting. Market cap. is now around £330m so will soon be promoted to the FTSE 250 which should give the SP another boost.

Robbie Burns is a fan and also Mark Slater who runs the Slater Growth fund - I think DIA is a top three holding for the fund.

A lot further to go imo.

Sounds like one to investigate. The future is definitely LED; not the fluorescent rubbish we're near enough forced to buy now!
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • BLB53
    BLB53 Posts: 1,583 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like one to investigate. The future is definitely LED; not the fluorescent rubbish we're near enough forced to buy now!
    Here's a link to a write-up on the Motley Fool from January

http://boards.fool.co.uk/nfsc-2012-dialight-dia-12457894.aspx
  • IronWolf
    IronWolf Posts: 6,423 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    P/E of 35, youch! I usually get put off by anything over 15 :p
    Faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ng............
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    darkpool wrote: »
    Firstgroup, because of the stonking 12.5% yield and 7.5 PE ratio. I think with austerity people will use public transport more, I also think it likely the Government will encourage more people to use public transport. Quite a few possible minuses with this one - reduction of subsidies, and a high fixed costs business :(

Excellent company, they charge me £1.20 for what equates to a 20 minute walk into town, Arriva charge £2.20 for the same journey, needless to say that Arriva never get any of my business ;)
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • Credit-Crunched
    Options
    A whole years ISA allowance of RMP.

Foolish:beer: maybe, will let you know in a week or so!
  • King_Weasel
    King_Weasel Posts: 4,381 Forumite
    Options
    Wobblydeb wrote: »
    It was between them and Morrisons....

I bought Morrisons on my wife's advice in 2004, when they were struggling to digest Safeway, @ 190.7p. Sold most of them last December @ 325p. 66% profit, but it took 7 years. Should have sold earlier, but that's hindsight for you.
    However hard up you are, never accept loans from your friends. Just gifts
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lokolo wrote: »
    Did you sell in time?

No, I still have the certificate which presumably is now completely worthless.

Still trying to decide whether to buy Sainsbury, Morrison or Vodafone shares, just want some decent dividend income from a company that won't vanish into thin air:(
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport