PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Thanks for all the lovely comments about Rummy. We are not expecting big things TILAMS, I'm worried about your mortgage and shirt. I don't bet, and for a very good reason too! Ampersand, special thanks! I'm so glad I stayed up to post those. Chicken - he has put on muscle, what a good eye you have.

As long as he jumps round, stays on his feet, doesn't unship Rebecca and looks as if he enjoyed himself I'll be happy.

A cautionary tale. Some years ago I went with friends to a racehorse trainer's very near me (as the crow flies).
    They were visiting their new syndicate horse who was a rather nervy chestnut filly. She'd been bought on the strength of her third in a National Hunt flat race but was really useless and pulled up in just her second race for them over hurdles. She was returned to her breeders. Such stories are far more common than winners...

Frith, I so enjoyed your post. VJ'smum - safe journeys.

Received an email tonight about work contract, not the result we hoped for, but at least we are out of limbo. They are hopeful of further moves forward and the work doesn't finish overnight, but will now tail off.

I have been in far worse situations before now; I still have work to do - and another, much smaller contract, so it's not the end of the world.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Phew, morning. The world s still here.
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello from a very cool Melbourne, bit chilly this evening .....I do realize I am in for such a shock when we come home to a proper chilly country!

1. Work was fine.
    2. Going home was even better:)
    3. Did a bit of tidying and weeding in the veg patch. Tied up my tomatoes and peas to canes.....with pretty pink ribbon as I had no string! Harvested some rhubarb , lettuce and radishes.
    4. DD1 getting an A+ for her history essay, she was most chuffed with herself.
    5. OH getting his kilt outfit delivered....looks very smart too.
    6. DD1 made the most delicious brownies at school today .....very yummy.

Dark o'clock here and almost bedtime. Tomorrow I have to attend a meeting about DD2 at school....not quite sure what that's all about, last time they suggested a psychologist , which we rejected.

Master frith ever so glad day 1 was a good one and hope its the first of many. You must be so relieved frith
  • Red button on the site says I am not on. It lies.

First pleasure of the day as I oipad around the place. Chocolate hobnob, packet version, cheap, dunking in tea, strong. Relax. Ahhhh, made mes ay now.
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Will post now as for the rest of the day I shall be on a hairyplane. Am currently in Frankfurt - which is even danker and murkier than the midlands

1. Got a hug from DS who allowed me to kiss the top of his head. THis is a rare event and almost worth going away for
    2. Tonsilitis seems a little better
    3. Found some articles in magazine I was reading on flight here that will help with some activities over the weekend. Am not yet switched into work mode, hopefully it will occur before saturday.
    4,. Not sure it is a pleasure but marvelling at the 7 foot tall (or even more) man on flight here
    5. Free wine :beer:

have a good evening all.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Chicks. Too late, done it now. Still won the weepstake this afternoon. Gone doubles on the next ...

Rite, mes others 4 today.

4 Cleared out my record collection of Gary Glitter and Boomtown Rats, Mary of the fourth form. Do not need these incase the old bill should visit and I am implicated in some futile investigation. Thank goodness the Stranglers on the 1977 version of TotP, showed them what is was. Ooops, cannot play that either. One is about ...

3 Finally got my Private Eye, cover is spot on! Joins the classic like the 5th September 1997 has become. Gosh, is it that long ago that I become not like a sheep, more the dog! Ah, tis Media to Balme.

2 Just doing the biz, and getting the music ready to roll. Testing the site the mo and tomorrow, we will rock!

1 Media Assured Destruction MAD

Personally though, I reckon Dougal will be lifted next, he was always too close to that Florence.

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,148 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    5 pleasures for Thursday so far.

1) Feeling a bit better!

2) Frith the Youngest got 21 out of 21 for his behaviour again today. :-) Some of the boys go to their mainstream schools on Thursdays and Fridays so the bus journey was much quicker for him (fewer stops) so only took 1hr10 to get home.

3) Went for a little walk with sons and MrN's son 5 on their bikes.

4) Making a lasagna, jacket potatoes and jacket sweet potatoes for tea. Lasagne base from freezer, pasta sheets and a jar of cheating sauce (well, I have been ill!)

5) Letter from my aunty and uncle today (uncle is 92).

6) Stove going, cottage warm - outside is freezing!

7) Looking forward to the new series of Big Bang Theory.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    1. Bought a cake frill and a reindeer. am going to make a xmas cake.
    2. lots of friends called today. lovely.
    3. coloured my hair no more grey!
    4. one of the pullets was pecking shavings off my jeans, so friendly.
    5. despite the fog its been a lovely day,still and mild and still so much colour around.
  • Good evening all !

VJsmum - safe journey -look after that throat ! I expect to see you recovered well enough to do the Gangnam horse ride over a pedestrian crossing on Youtube .

Mcculloch -You are right, as long as Rummy and rider get round safely and are able to enjoy themselves that is what is important.

Sparrer - what is a dog car harness? Is the dog tethered ? I sound very blonde but I have never heard of one :o

PK- I NEVER manage to get anything for 10p ,you amaze me.

5 for today

1. Banked some change - only £7 short of what we need for our meal out on Christmas Day.

2. Got some peppermint oil capsules in H and B - one bottle full price and one for 1p.

3. My sister was mistaken for my Mum which did not impress her, but this really tickled my Mum :rotfl:

4. Mixed some couscous with roasted veg. and chicken for tea. OH said it tasted of "stale cupboards" - checked packet and couscous b.b.date was July 2011 :o. Guess what the hens have got for breakfast ?;)

5.Washing dried on line , I have at last reached the end of the laundry basket.

Have a good evening all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Little Frith 2. Educationalists, Social Workers and weasels to the slaughter!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport