Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lolly88
    • By Lolly88 13th Nov 17, 7:33 PM
    • 233Posts
    • 716Thanks
    Lolly88
    Vendor taking a long time to decide on offers
    • 13th Nov 17, 7:33 PM
    Vendor taking a long time to decide on offers 13th Nov 17 at 7:33 PM
    I viewed a house I really liked and made an offer for 8% below the asking price (based on the price slightly similar proprieties in the nearby area had sold for). This offer was rejected by the vendor 2 days later. I made another offer the next day and 2 days later they rejected it. I put in my third and final offer for the full asking price on Friday morning and now Iím still waiting to hear from the vendor. I called the EA this morning for an update and they said they were planning to chase the vendor up as the vendor had all offers in now and were deciding and would hopefully get back to me today to let me know. I didnít receive any news.

I already have a few red flags that the vendor might drag their feet with selling as their motivation for moving doesnít sound solid and at the viewing they said they havenít seen any properties they are interested in yet. So these waits are making me even more hesitant about potentially buying from them as this part of the process should be the most straightforward?

Every decision on each offer has been at least a 2 day wait and Iím annoyed that I havenít heard anything today from my offer on Friday. I guess the purpose of this thread is to get a bit of perspectiveÖ.am I being impatient? Is it common for vendors to take days to give a decision after each offer?
    House Fund - £28142.19
    Save 7k in 2017 #6: £5142.19/£7,000
    Save 12k in 2016: £14,750/£12000 - Save 6k in 2015: £8250/£6000
Page 2
    • ReadingTim
    • By ReadingTim 16th Nov 17, 9:44 AM
    • 2,147 Posts
    • 3,048 Thanks
    ReadingTim
    I don't know why some people on this forum can't offer advice or comments without denigrating posters or being hyperbolic about their responses. I'm not ranting and raving, I'm merely annoyed at most - there's a huge difference. The EA's have been fab so far and I can't fault them, I give credit where it's due.
    Originally posted by Lolly88
    And I don't know why other people come on this forum ask and questions then throw their toys out of the pram and have tantrums when they don't get the answer they're looking for.

As you've been told once already, you asked for some perspective, and you got it. If you don't like being told you're being impatient, don't ask if you're being impatient.

Anyway, good luck with the house purchase. It sounds like you'll need it.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 16th Nov 17, 10:38 AM
    • 30,225 Posts
    • 18,074 Thanks
    getmore4less
    The EA called me today to update me that the vendors still hadn't made a decision and apologised for the long wait which was very kind of them and validatng.
    Originally posted by Lolly88
    Keeping you sweet for their next move to get you to up the offer a bit more.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 16th Nov 17, 12:08 PM
    • 41,900 Posts
    • 48,483 Thanks
    G_M
    Fishing is said to be britain's most popular sport.
    • Lolly88
    • By Lolly88 16th Nov 17, 6:40 PM
    • 233 Posts
    • 716 Thanks
    Lolly88
    And I don't know why other people come on this forum ask and questions then throw their toys out of the pram and have tantrums when they don't get the answer they're looking for.

As you've been told once already, you asked for some perspective, and you got it. If you don't like being told you're being impatient, don't ask if you're being impatient.

Anyway, good luck with the house purchase. It sounds like you'll need it.
    Originally posted by ReadingTim
    There is not a single point in this enitre thread where I've objected to anyone calling me impatient.

What I object to and have objected to from the start is people making unnecessary hyperbolic distortions of my responses thereby positioning me as being irrational and emotionally unstable by suggesting I'm 'having a heart attack', 'throwing a tantrum', 'throwing my toys out of the pram' etc etc. All because I have some concerns and dared ask for some advice on a forum. It's really unnecessary and serves as an obstacle to engaging in a constructive discussion.

There have been lots of helpful responses in this thread which I appreciate. However you can make a point without being rude especially when I have done nothing to slight you or anyone else, politness cost nothing. You've shared your piece but I won't be responding to you any further as it's just derailing from the topic.

And thanks for the good luck. I can't think of anyone engaging in the house buying/selling process who doesn't need it.

Keeping you sweet for their next move to get you to up the offer a bit more.
    Originally posted by getmore4less
    Possibly, it's still nice that they've been helpful to deal with so far.
    House Fund - £28142.19
    Save 7k in 2017 #6: £5142.19/£7,000
    Save 12k in 2016: £14,750/£12000 - Save 6k in 2015: £8250/£6000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

1,254Users online

Martin's Twitter