PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How many Viewers?

Options
2»

Comments

• tootiemac
    tootiemac Posts: 174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ReadingTim wrote: »
    Please don't do that - I always feel that listings which don't show the exterior of the property are trying to hide something, and if that exterior shot came up later in the gallery, I'd agree. Instead, see if they can get a better angle/more cropped view, perhaps not featuring that archway to the parking lot... the other shot she took was horrible and made it look really dirty grey.

It's also listed as a 3 bedroom flat, but I can only see 2 rooms which are/could be bedrooms, so a floor plan would be helpful.i think its the angle she uses because the dinning room is more than big enough to be a bedroom we just dont have the need for 3 bedroom as bedrooms

Finally, and being really picky, make the bed in the bedroom properlyi was annoyed at this becuase i was following her round trying to "fix" bits before she took the pics but i called the puppy off the bed and as i went to fix the cover she snapped the photo and moved on, declutter the bathroomi again had an idea for what needed to come out but she snapped and ran, get the lighting right in the 2nd lounge shot, and seriously consider the wisdom of that dining room photo...what dont you like about it? i dislike the angle.

Worse she had a DSLR camera and this is the best she could pull out for us.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You actually only need one viewing, that of the person who will be the new owner.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Options
    Really depends on the local market - you're selling an ex-cooncil flat in Johnstone, I wouldn't expect queues out the door. How long did the neighbour take to sell?

The photos are a bit crappy but I've seen worse.

The "brochure" appears to be just a window card rather than a full schedule, and why no floorplan? Everyone else does one.
  • *~Zephyr~*
    *~Zephyr~* Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It looks like a great flat. The bedrooms are considerably larger than most and that kitchen is HUGE for a flat.

I agree with the comments on the dining room - get the table out and stick a bed in there. If you're going to advertise it as 3 bed, you need to show that the bedrooms do actually work as a bedroom (i.e. you can fit a bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers in and can still swing a cat).

I don't think the outside photo is a problem. It is what it is, and if people are familiar with the area, they will know what it looks like.

Yes, the lighting in the second lounge photo is dire, as is the lighting in the bathroom. And the angles on all of them are awful.

I would give it another week and if you've still not had any interest, then insist that they re-do the photos.

Also, definitely get the floorplan added. Even if it costs a bit extra. I have dismissed properties without viewing before because the layout isn't clear from the photos and there wasn't a floorplan.
  • KateySW
    KateySW Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    A missing floorplan might be an issue to some people. I've been looking to buy with my partner this year and he will always want to see a floorplan before he books in a viewing. It's a real deal breaker because he wants to know exactly what kind of space we'd be looking at. Is your agent going to upload one of them soon?

IMO I'd ask them to consider doing the photos again if you don't have any luck soon, they aren't the best (especially considering they were taken on a DSLR :O ) but as someone above said, I have seen a lot worse!
  • strawberries1
    strawberries1 Posts: 873 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2017 at 4:21PM
    Options
    Wow! Couldn't get a garage for that price!
    Good luck Op! Your buyer will knock soon.
  • tootiemac
    Options
    davidmcn wrote: »
    Really depends on the local market - you're selling an ex-cooncil flat in Johnstone, I wouldn't expect queues out the door. How long did the neighbour take to sell?They took 3 weeks to sell

The photos are a bit crappy but I've seen worse.i really hated some of them but these were the best she had. i might get them redone by a photographer friend

The "brochure" appears to be just a window card rather than a full scheduleit comes out in A3 and is double sided but not my favourite, and why no floorplan? Everyone else does one.
    No idea why no floor plan but i'm awa to ask that right now.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tootiemac wrote: »
    p.s. i cannot make the 2nd room into a bedroom because I work from there.

You can, with a bit of planning. One day when you're not working, drag everything into the hallway - borrow 1-2 side tables/whatnot from other bedrooms - get four identically sized empty boxes from a supermarket, a blow up double mattress and "make" a fake bed ... just for the photos. Snap away .... and then undo it all and put it back how you like it.

1 hour tops.
  • tootiemac
    Options
    You can, with a bit of planning. One day when you're not working, drag everything into the hallway - borrow 1-2 side tables/whatnot from other bedrooms - get four identically sized empty boxes from a supermarket, a blow up double mattress and "make" a fake bed ... just for the photos. Snap away .... and then undo it all and put it back how you like it.

1 hour tops.
    That might work! will work to gather the stuff and maybe get it done this weekend. God help my husband moving all he furniture it all weighs an absolute ton.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure