Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :o Magazine files :D
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    tweets wrote: »
    Flowers always last in my house :D

I am making veg curry for tea will start it at footie full time :)

Had a bath while it was half time just back and its kick off I timed it well :j:j:j

Hope marmie is ok he vanished again :(

Flowers usually last well here, i usually have too top water up or change it at least 3 times:D
    I know he keeps disappearing:(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Thanks Anon, i wont take my eye off the ball next time :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Afternoon luvlies, been skimming so apologies if I've missed anything :o

Useful fillers for your cupboards for a W shop and ideal for using up some vouchers :)

Asda Waitrose
    1x Tilda Roasted Vegetable Brown Wholegrain Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Coconut Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Pure Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Lemon Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Brown Basmati & Quinoa Wholegrain Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Brown Wholegrain Pilau Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Aromatic Spices Steamed Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Pulses & Rice Pinto Bean Green Chilli & Lime with Steamed Basmati Rice (140g) £1.39 £1.00
    1x Tilda Pulses & Rice Chickpea Harissa & Lemon with Steamed Basmati Rice (140g)£1.39 £1.00
    1x Tilda Pulses & Rice Edamame Spring Onion & Wasabi with Wholegrain Basmati Rice (140g) £1.39 £1.00
    1x Tilda Brown Basmati and Wild Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Pulses & Rice Black Bean Jerk & Coconut with Wholegrain Basmati Rice (140g) £1.39 £1.00
    1x Tilda Lime & Coriander Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Brown Wholegrain Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Garden Vegetable & Quinoa Wholegrain Brown Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Sundried Tomato Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Tilda Quinoa Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds Wholegrain Brown Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £1.00

Hi Hampy :wave:
    Hope you are ok?
    That the sort of rice i use:T:T but still have some instock and seriously trying to use stuff up:o
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2017 at 4:43PM
    Tinasmummy wrote: »
    TM2 - I quite like that Bubbs, makes me sound like a Star Wars character lol.

IVe always wished I could bake, I'm a good cook (so I like to think) but just can't bake. i have tried, even got the baking tins and stuff, lots of books but it's always awful. Baking is a talent I reckon!!

Did you venture to Asda Lots of teas and coffees RTC
    Some hot choc options 50p
    galaxy hot choc 65p
    kenyen teabags 71p
    clipper tea bags 87p
    fruit tea bags 19/35p
    green teas 50p

some empty spaces so I missed other stuff

I spent about £15 on gift bags and paper I am delighted, it all averaged out at 16p each :T

Some for DIL and some for friends church fayre
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    afternoon all - Reading back I was very impressed as to how motivated and determined everyone is, not only to plough onwards with the normal domestic drudgery but also to take it a step further and to start tackling more of the unspeakable depths :j

I also had the £1 email from ebay :T The trouble is I like to take my photos in the garden as it shows colours better but needless to say we have lost this mornings sunshine and the w ind and rain is back :( There must be something I can list though. I know the obvious answer is to list with just one photo and then add more in the week when the rain stops but I think I am going to run out of week ...
    Mind you I dont think any of last weeks listings are going to sell tonight if I just relist them will that count for the £1 offer ????

In the meantime we went recycling this morning - I thought it better to do this sooner rather than later incase OH decided to reclaim anything from his heaps :) So thats at least one job done if we don't get to Sainsbobs this week
    His corner of the living room remains an oasis of cleanliness but he did try it on last night by dumping some of his railway mags onto the magazine pile. These are going to be relocated into his work bag tonight :rotfl: The mag pile is minimal so I don't know why he though I would not notice it doubling in size

Regarding paperwork I thought I'd just about done. The file boxes are very jammed full though so I am thinking that I need to empty them out and see if anything can be disposed of, filing new paperwork is getting problematic. Everything in them is very recent, less than 5 years old so what can be removed will be minimal.
    I used to have cardboard concertina files, totally unfit for the job but I walked into a tiny WHSmiths one day and there were 2 lightly battered metal box files reduced on a 241 offer - very much right place, right time :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Morning.
    Dd stayed over last night her bf went night fishing, it made a nice change leaving my phone downsrairs:rotfl: still no baby though :o

Ive been thinking about you this afternoon and noticed you have not been around yet today - any baby news yet?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    And in other news we were in Waitrose this morning and the tills were spitting out conditional spends £6 wys £30 with about 2 weeks expiry on them :j so I got 2 of them :D

So it might be worth doing a small purchase first to see if you get one before tackling a big list.

As its totally unlikely that I would be spending £30 I went in search of people in Waitrose with trolley loads but mostly people seemed to be doing basket shops. I managed to find one couple about to do through SS and one lady in the biscuit section with big enough shopping loads so I passed the conditional spends along - my random good deed for the day done :)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 March 2017 at 5:06PM
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Are the new Walkers sharing packs (175g each) £1.50 each or are they on the 2 for £2.00 in A?

They are all available in M at £1 each (I think, I think I finally have all four of them now:rotfl:). However, (:() they are new products so I am not sure how quickly the collectors would pick them up. (I suspect N/A for a few weeks - and bloomin Ocados has them at £1 (sigh).)

I don't think they are in multi instore - £1.95 per pack in A :eek: . The best price for these at the moment is Jack F where they are 2 for £1.50 (or 2 for £1 for BBQ Rib flavour). They may be a similar discount price in Heron and similar stores.

They aren't available in our little A any more as they cleared them out.

Hth

Anon
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mhoc wrote: »
    And in other news we were in Waitrose this morning and the tills were spitting out conditional spends £6 wys £30 with about 2 weeks expiry on them :j so I got 2 of them :D

So it might be worth doing a small purchase first to see if you get one before tackling a big list.

As its totally unlikely that I would be spending £30 I went in search of people in Waitrose with trolley loads but mostly people seemed to be doing basket shops. I managed to find one couple about to do through SS and one lady in the biscuit section with big enough shopping loads so I passed the conditional spends along - my random good deed for the day done :)

I have done that before - Some appreciated it, others looked at me as though they were about to call security for assistance :eek:

Anon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport