PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    happytails wrote: »
    No phone call with an offer/feedback as of yet but they did only view it yesterday late afternoon (i keep telling myself so as not to get too impatient).

If this buyer isnt interested we will be handing our 4 weeks notice in at our current EA and marketing it elsewhere after the 4 weeks is up. Though i cant decide, if in the 4 week period the EA will try harder to get us sold or not bother so much.

Sarah

Not sure what difference a different EA would make, you could put pictures and a price up on your own website, people would get the idea? Punters are looking at location, size...and most of all......PRICE.
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Got a phone call from my EA today, got all excited thinking it was news about our potential buyer selling their house so we could proceed, but no. They were offering me an all expenses paid trip to London next week to record a video testimonial for their website. I politely declined:rotfl:
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I called our EA for an update on the second viewing someone came to this tuesday - shes going to get in contact with the viewers to see if they want to offer or give feedback if not.

Called at 9.30 and heard nothing yet - hopefully i will today/tomorrow x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • happytails
    Forumite
    I've decided the lack of contact means the viewers werent interested as they havent even bothered to answer or return calls from the EA on 2 different occasions (thurs and today) - they viewed a second time on tuesday with parents for over an hour!

Super disheartening but hey ho.
  • OneYorkshireLass
    OneYorkshireLass Posts: 3,166
    First Post
    Forumite
    ^ I hate it when people who seem interested just disappear :(

I accepted an offer on April 24th (the second after the first buyer fell through), and am still waiting for the surveyor to appear. Should I be asking the EA to give the buyer a shove?
  • LoopyLoops
    LoopyLoops Posts: 106
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ^ I hate it when people who seem interested just disappear :(

I accepted an offer on April 24th (the second after the first buyer fell through), and am still waiting for the surveyor to appear. Should I be asking the EA to give the buyer a shove?

I would give the EA a call and ask for an update.

We accepted our offer on the 17th May, and I asked the EA for an update last Tuesday re the survey. EA let me know our buyers have started the full application process and we will be having a valuation and a homebuyers survey. If I haven't heard about date for survey(s) by Weds I will be asking for another update. Don't want to annoy the EA, but as this is (technically) our 4th buyer, I am anxious.
  • LoopyLoops
    Forumite
    fudge7000 wrote: »
    Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
    Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!

The first week or so was hard, then you get a used to it. And fall in to a pattern with viewings.
    We have a new expression in our house 'viewing ready!' I also stopped worrying about feed back from viewers. Either they wanted to offer or not.
  • happytails
    Forumite
    Dilemma,

To stick with current EA or move?

Our contract ends in 4 weeks and I need to give 4 weeks notice apparently to change EA. This EA is charging £1500 plus vat for a completed sale. On rightmove/zoopla etc had 5 1st viewings and 1 second viewing in that time. Advertised at £124950 and was reduced in April to £119950.

Move to EA no2 - £1200 plus vat. On rightmove, zoopla etc and have a known customer base. Also open Sunday (other EA is not) would advertise at £119000 - no contract. Bonus for them is the house we want is also marketed with them, I have mentioned this so to sell ours they'd get paid twice with 2 house sales tying up - enough incentive for them to push ours? Also it would be at the top of Rightmove new properties wouldn't it?

What would you do?
  • LoopyLoops
    Forumite
    happytails wrote: »
    Dilemma,

To stick with current EA or move?

Our contract ends in 4 weeks and I need to give 4 weeks notice apparently to change EA. This EA is charging £1500 plus vat for a completed sale. On rightmove/zoopla etc had 5 1st viewings and 1 second viewing in that time. Advertised at £124950 and was reduced in April to £119950.

Move to EA no2 - £1200 plus vat. On rightmove, zoopla etc and have a known customer base. Also open Sunday (other EA is not) would advertise at £119000 - no contract. Bonus for them is the house we want is also marketed with them, I have mentioned this so to sell ours they'd get paid twice with 2 house sales tying up - enough incentive for them to push ours? Also it would be at the top of Rightmove new properties wouldn't it?

What would you do?

Are you happy with your current EA? Are they communicating well with you? I changed from first EA as they where totally useless.

It is a bonus that the house you want is with them. Do the EA know you are interested in that house? They may be more motivated to communicate with you about any other interest I guess? It will be easier for the sale to go through with both sales in one EA, they will know what is happening. I would say that you have nothing to loose by change EA if you aren't fussed about the one you are with. And yes it will put you back on top of Rightmoe / Zoopla. The only difficulty would be if someone introduced by EA 1 comes back and wants to buy, you are likely to owe EA 1 some commission, check the contract on that one. Saying that I asked EA 2 that question re. what commission would we owe them if someone came back from EA 1 and he said it had never happened to him in his 15 years as an EA. But whether that was true I don't know......
  • Alchopops
    Alchopops Posts: 19
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Long time lurker here and thought I'd join the party! Our flat has been on the market nearly 4 weeks and only 4 viewings, no offers to date. Price was reduced last week and we now have two viewings booked tomorrow :) Its a freehold coach house in a popular area so we were hoping for a bit more interest as we've put a deposit down on a new build due to be complete end of July/August, so fingers crossed!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback