Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• bcw123
    bcw123 Posts: 980 Forumite
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Good to go guys.

1x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £5.00 £1.00

plenty in Burgh Heath also Wallington ( they are not hanging down with other razors but at the end of the aisle)
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Bistro gravy granules 300 g on offer for £2 but scanned at 20p at Sainsbugs

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sainsbury-s-misprice-bisto-20p-2636878

Thanks to op

I bet that's because 20p is the price but their store has not yet updated its SEL:rotfl:. It looks like Bisto are moving to a bigger size:huh: but I bet they will be more expensive than 20p per 300g! At least until they themselves go onto clearance in several years' time whenever they are discontinued.
  • Savvybuyer
    nanx4 wrote: »
    yes I got 6 his morning only 3 types in my tesco.
    They do compare to M @ 3 for £5

So they should! Which three did you get?
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    So they should! Which three did you get?

Has anyone who has received the 3,000 points for the Viking offer had them for purchasing £30 worth of gift vouchers please.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    Bought the Guiness on CS, having issues on selecting retailer on drop down menu, anyone else having this issue?

Mine worked ok on my iPad app
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Snap Ant, so sorry to hear the worrying news about your sister x
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    bubbs wrote: »
    Can you record it?
    Is footie on next weds eve?

No cant record it or I would. I watch on laptop :(

Yes Germany playing England next Wednesday on itv1 :)
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 16 March 2017 at 6:43PM
    :hello:It looks like the price collection is turning into a full-blown collection - I just can't stop!:rotfl:

I criticised the Aunt Bessie's frozen pancakes (4 pack - total of 320g) last time - I initially couldn't find them and thought they might have gone back to 50p but I found them on Sunday at 87p:eek:. They were regularly 50p until going up to their most expensive pricing prior to Pancake Day (just about the only time not to buy them - and, with freezer items, we have little excuse as they can be stored). However, my criticism has now gone as I have them showing 35p RTC.

I now have my store yesterday to thank for showing me full price SEL rather than regular £1 price on this and making me check it again today.

Ballineen Chip Shop Style Irish Sausages in Batter (6 per pack - 300g)

Store_8.15px.png
    Unavailable in Morrisons

• Store_3.15px.png
      £1.50
    • Store_1.15px.png
      ---
    • Store_2.15px.png
      ---
    Had it said £1.00, I might have assumed it was still £1 'offer' price and that it was simply temporarily OOS online. I may have been continuing it wrongly on the list at £1 whenever I next update it. However, yesterday's store has got me to check today and I now know what "Unavailable" online means. It means 50p RTC.

:eek:I've had them constantly on my list at £1:rotfl::rotfl:. I should have avoided that as that was now twice the cost! Like all products now, they should only ever be bought when they are on clearance.

I think I am being lucky with my stores on some of the Health & Beauty clearance items. There are several ranges at the moment - I think the Toni & Guys have gone from most stores so it's other items beyond those I am talking about: namely a couple of Pantene Youth Protect products plus two other Pantenes on RTC, the Dove advanced products (Oxygen Moisture etc.) and one specific VO5 Hairspray. I did, eventually, manage to find all of them last week but I did need my six-eight stores. I managed to find the VO5 early on, but that was only because I happened to pick the right store, had gone down even further (I had £1.97 before - it's now £1 RTC as far as I know). However, I ended up with it only in that one store so it was just one store out of 22. It's most probably gone from that store now, though I am unable to see if that's the case, but somehow I have managed to pick another store with it this afternoon - showing me £1 RTC.

I have not found the Dove Advanced and Pantenes again yet though - I may end up with no trace though they must surely continue to be somewhere - perhaps in a store that simply has them lower down on the shelf rather than at eye-level so people haven't noticed their clearance SEL but only think I have managed to continue to have the VO5 because of my switching stores. I think it's more likely that APG, which I suspect stays in the same places each time, may have them on one occasion and then not. It could be a different time to me and could have now passed or still await happening, whereas my changing stores has meant I've continued to have them. Maybe.

Anyway, I have an hour here now (of which nearly half an hour has passed) as I have somehow timed my home base for rush hour. I have up to three stores (however many I manage) tonight - including one store I have never visited before and no detailed directions or Sat Navs but just my memory to find where it is - seems to be easy to find:eek::rotfl:. So, it may well be my usual six stores after all, if I manage all three tonight, although the first one this time was not a proper check but just a 15 minute look.

The Hellmann's and Heinz RTC products do seem to have gone. I may find them (probably on an RTC shelf away from the normal aisles) later on but I think their time for potential APG comparison may have gone, way too shortlived, I will see if I find them later tonight - but, so far, no trace of any of them. I am not suggesting they have gone in M of course - I do not believe that! - but that they are now likely not to be found if my stores so far (last two days) are any guide, so quite likely collection stores will give no trace (unless the situation changes for me later tonight) but we never know, they may have the right store. I just doubt it at present but that's because the three stores I've visited so far have had nothing (and at least two of those did have something last time - but, then, maybe that's the point - places that had them showing RTC before are now likely to have cleared out?:think: So, maybe they have yet to work on the APG and are about to start to do so:rotfl::rotfl:. I doubt it - I think it seems the RTC was last week but, again, that's my stores putting it on the SELs then - they should all have done so around the same time if that's what the real prices were, we'd be relying on a price collection store being tardy and putting up the offer only this week - or maybe they will not do so and do so on one random week in six month's time:rotfl::rotfl: - anything can happen with SELs!;)).

My store that had a SEL:( for the Jelly Babies cartons (that I am waiting to go down to at least 75p if not 50p) but had no stock last week now has some stock back and has lost its SEL again:T:j:rotfl:. I just need stores with no SELs (and therefore stock) at the time whenever I happen to see a 50p SEL - a price that I believe has not yet come on this time round.
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    Someone mentioned if you have hit your £100 limit you can technically order more sharpies now, but don't click claim voucher and then move it into next month's allowance.

Is this true?

TIA :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    tweets wrote: »
    No cant record it or I would. I watch on laptop :(

Yes Germany playing England next Wednesday on itv1 :)

Ahhh thought it was footie because something we watched last night , cant rem what now:o said back in 2 weeks, hubby said whats on? I said bet its footie:(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure