Ideas for an Avon party

Options
Hi
Ive been doing Avon for a year now, and have decided to branch out and offer parties to my customers.
Has anyone got any idea's on what i can do at the parties eg games, demo's?
Also has anyone got any experience of these parties, how successful are they? what do you offer as incentives?

Thanks for any help :D
I know there is alredy a thread for Avon but it is so long i dont know where to start lol

Becca

Comments

• lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Options
    Hi! I've never done an Avon party before, but if I was going to one I'd love being able to paint my nails so maybe have a few different nail varnishes & the hand creams etc so people can pamper themselves with a proper manicure...... have lots of samples of lippys & perfumes so people can have a play.....if you have any products already have them out so people can see what they look like - you know how some of the items look so much better in real life compared to in the books!.......obviously have some drinks & nibbles and most importantly have lots of avon books & order forms about lol! Maybe have a raffle too if you have a stock pile of things, or buy some of the 99p items to make up a raffle basket and you could sell tickets....or offer the tickets when they place an order ie for every £5 you spend you will get one entry.

I'm sure the other avon ladies on here will give you some more ideas to! :beer:

Good luck with it! :j
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • xbecca18x
    xbecca18x Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the ideas, will give them all a go :)
    anyone else??
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Options
    Will bump this thread up for you!

Might be worth posting your question again at the end of the Avon thread as more people will probably respond that way!
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • UKPrincess
    UKPrincess Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    I used to do Avon parties,along with pamper/beauty ones about 4 or 5 years ago.
    If you can learn the basics of a mani/pedi and basic nail art you can always combine the 2-and get your customers to pay for the services whilst you upsell the Avon products you are using :)
    You can also do basic facials,hand massages,make up lessons etc.

Make up gift packs of the products you're using to sell at the end-and you could maybe do a raffle with any of the bits you have got from creative ordering.

Little goodie bags are a great idea too,with a few samples,a catalogue and your contact details.

I really enjoyed doing this,and if I had more time,I would love to still be doing them.

Hope that helps a little x
    Well I know you want to love her,but let me tell you brother,she's been sleeping in the devils bed...:A
  • xbecca18x
    Options
    Thanks UKPrincess, didnt think about charging for the manicures, a great way to make some more money. :D
    How much did you generally make in sales doing parties? and also did you do it by yourself or rope a friend in to help do the manicures?
    would you say it was a good idea offering the service at the customers house rather than your own? and then offer them an incentive for hosting

Thanks for the help x
  • UKPrincess
    Options
    Becca,if you make up a little menu of what you can offer,and keep the prices at the lower end of the scale,you'll find you will be able to upsell the products you use to do the treatments from your Avon catalogue.
    I did a ton of nail art,and it really is simple to get good results,and people will pay for this,as it's something that looks different-ooooh,and at this time of the year,nail art on toes is always a good one!
    Off the top of my head,I couldn't tell you what I made in sales,as it is probably 5 years ago,and my brain is small.....but the parties,with the money from manis/pedis/nail art etc could make £80 and up.
    Some of the time I did it myself for smaller groups,and with a friend for larger ones.
    Most of mine were done at the customers house,although I wouldn't be against doing them at home for groups of my own friends-and doing this is always a great way to show off your skills and hope they will book their own.
    Am not sure if I did a booking incentive,but,if I did them again I would definitely offer one-although offering goodie bags to everyone always goes down well,and remember,if you pop a book in them you may end up with more orders,and future long term customers.
    One thing I did do,that paid really well was parties/demos for the SureStart ladies.I can't remember how I got involved,I think they approached me after getting my card from someone,but these involved about an hour of doing a basic manicure and showing off some nail art-but it may be something to think about.
    Let me know if you have anymore questions,and if I can remember anymore details I will see if I can help further x
    Well I know you want to love her,but let me tell you brother,she's been sleeping in the devils bed...:A
  • xbecca18x
    Options
    Thanks you've been really helpful
    £80 sounds good, how much would you charge for each manicure?
    dont worry 5 years ago was quite a while ago lol, and i suppose prices/amount of orders would of changed by now.
    I think i wll definatly do these parties now, will start planning them now and start offering them in the next few weeks, hopefully they will be successful, need to start gaining more sales- credit crunch and all
  • UKPrincess
    Options
    Hmmmm.....<thinks back....> I have a feeling I charged around £3.50 for a manicure,but it was very basic,just a cuticle massage,shape with nail file,then polish.
    If I added nail art-which again,was quick and basic,another £2.50.
    What I would do is check out local beauty salons for their prices,and price yours accordingly.
    There are several adult courses/evening classes you can take for learning beauty therapy,nail care etc,that tend to be fairly cheap,or even subsidised if you are on lower income. It may be worth looking into those if you decide to work the party angle on a more regular basis.
    My biggest selling point was definitely the nail art,and you can use the avon polishes to achieve most of the basics,and when I was doing it,they did sell a couple of little of kits with diamante etc.
    If I find my pricing list or any other bits,I will let you know :) x
  • xbecca18x
    Options
    I was thinking about £3ish aswell, you know credit crunch and all, wanted to make it a lot cheaper than a salon
    Course would be useful, but tbh i havent got the time and im going to uni in september so will only be doing it over the summer unless my mum wants to take over, if it would become a regular thing.
    I have actually got some nail art so i might get practising if i actually get some parties :)
    what would you say your itinery/plan was for the night? i dont want it to become boring and unprofessional for me and the customers :S
    x
  • UKPrincess
    Options
    Oooh sorry-just saw this!
    K-mine totally depended on the amount of people,and if it was themed to nails/pedis/make-up/facials.
    I also did a couple of kids parties that were fun-and actually really easy,as younger girls honestly just want sparkles,and you can send a goodie bag home with the Avon brochure in for mum!
    What I had with me was a small board with my nail art designs,and some bits and bobs to sell on the night.
    I'd then let everybody have a look,then start on the treatments.
    Since mine were mostly based on actually doing these,I didn't have time for games or anything like that.
    However,if you are focusing on selling,I could totally see how you could maybe do a couple of fun things-maybe even a grown up pass the parcel with sample sachets in every layer then a bigger pressie for the winner.
    You'll probably find you'll get some ladies who'll say they don't want anything "doing" but once they see you actually making someones nails all pretty,they soon they change their minds!
    I have a full bookmarked folder somewhere of Avon ideas-I will dig it out over the weekend and see if I can link you somehow :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure