Is the TV Licence fee worth it? Poll results/discussion

Comments

• Defiant_3
    Defiant_3 Posts: 247 Forumite
    TNG wrote: »
    oops :D

That's not proof of bias - that would happen on pretty much any public forum. if trolls started a load of threads on this forum knocking Martin Lewis, you would expect them to get closed down, wouldn't you? :confused::confused:

The BBC has refused to allow the PUBLIC to comment on an employee who was racist.
    and that, my dear dear defiant, is STILL off topic. You seem to be the one who wants to keep banging on about stuff like this, rather than the licence fee :)

The BBC is not off topic when it comes to the BBC. You on the other hand have not added one post to this entire topic which has related to it.
  • TNG
    TNG Posts: 6,930 Forumite
    Defiant wrote: »
    The BBC has refused to allow the PUBLIC to comment on an employee who was racist.

No - they closed down threads that were set up by trolls who, and I quote, "had been doing it for years", specifically to knock the presenter. I suggest you re-read the article - slowly ;)

The BBC is not off topic when it comes to the BBC. You on the other hand have not added one post to this entire topic which has related to it.

I am off topic by responding to your posts? :think: :think:

Thi thread is about the licence, not a general discussion about the BBC :)
    :dance:There's a real buzz about the neighbourhood :dance:
  • magyar
    magyar Posts: 18,909
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I answered your question over and over and then asked you one which you have ignored. Now why do the BBC people keep repeating ? Could it be your argument for a TV Licence doesn't exist hence the repeat question and ignore answer approach ie trolling

So just out of interest so everyone else here can see how have you contributed to this topic apart from sticking up for a known troll? Don't forget your bud doesn't even live in the UK lol

Stop calling me a troll, that is very childish and makes me think your motives are nothing to do with discussion, and more to do with troublemaking. I manage to post on hundreds of threads on this forum and generally am respected. Conversely, you as a 'single issue' poster seem to have nothing but arguments.

I repeat: you have not answered my question, which - for the avoidance of doubt - was 'can you demonstrate a valid and accurate economic theory behind your claim that ITV is free'.

Your only responses have been
    I buy X and advertised X at £2.00 but sell that much I make a profit and can then buy the ingredients cheaper at wholesale. I can then advertised X cheaper than the competition and pass the savings onto my customers which makes me even more profits. The actual cost to you is NOTHING

but this doesn't make sense to me. I don't even understand the English. I have asked you to clarify and your only other responses have been
    You only have to look at tesco to see that advertising can keep our costs down due to the advertising carried out which in turn help to reduce prices (bulk buying).

and
    Truthfully do you honestly think (hand on heart) Tesco would be no1 if they didn’t advertise which in turn has kept the prices down for me and you

but personally I don't consider this to have proved your point. You have produced no evidence, no statistics, no costs and no complete theory. In answer to your last question, I don't know. My first thought is that if advertising alone cannot guarantee you a #1 spot - because logically other companies would simply follow suit and spend even more on advertising. This would require Tesco to raise their bids for advertising slots to a level which pushed prices up again.

I have, all along, said that I don't understand this and would appreciate it if you could demonstrate this with facts and figures - ideally evidenced from a reputable source. (I'll assume you don't include the BBC web site in that...)

And finally, I do live in the UK. I'm just not in the UK right now.
    Says James, in my opinion, there's nothing in this world
    Beats a '52 Vincent and a red headed girl
  • TNG
    Now he's calling the owner "MSE Lawrence" a troll. Yes troll if you had the inteligence to check the OP you'd have noticed that

errr no - I was referring to the threads about the presenter that were closed down, if you'd have paid attention ;)
    You are off topic because you've yet to actually post anything about the TV Licence.

as I said - I am responding to your posts, surely they are on topic? :confused:

omg you've got the intellectof a gold fish. How do you think the BBC gets funded. Could it be they get funded by the BBC TV Licence ? :rolleyes:

:naughty::naughty: - remember "be nice to all moneysavers"

Oh and yes - the Licence fee is WELL worth it, if for the single solitary reason that it angers you SO much ;):D

and - just before you reel out the usual - no I don't work for the BBC, or ever have. ;)
  • Schwade
    Schwade Posts: 307 Forumite
    Maybe someone for the TV license can respond to my post?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=10255363&postcount=189

Love to hear why we need a state funded tv (and radio) entertainment channel.
  • Defiant_3
    magyar wrote: »
    Stop calling me a troll, that is very childish and makes me think your motives are nothing to do with discussion, and more to do with troublemaking. I manage to post on hundreds of threads on this forum and generally am respected. Conversely, you as a 'single issue' poster seem to have nothing but arguments.

Please read my answer to your question then instead of ignoring it. Just who do you think you are refusing to read someones answer and then repeating yourself over and over like a child in a car "are we their yet" :rolleyes:
    but this doesn't make sense to me. I don't even understand the English. I have asked you to clarify and your only other responses have been

This from the guy who lives in Cyprus and yet is good enough to tell everyone here how great the BBC TV licence is
    You have produced no evidence, no statistics, no costs and no complete theory.

!!!!!! If it was just a thoery no one would bother advertising :rotfl:
    In answer to your last question, I don't know.

But you have to know because you've been pushing your opinion on this for 3/4 pages now

Fancy getting back to the BBC TV Licence sometime or would that be a no no ;)
  • magyar
    magyar Posts: 18,909
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Schwade wrote: »
    Maybe someone for the TV license respond to my post?

Sure! :beer:

I can't deny that when you use the example of 'the Daily BBC' then you can't deny it looks a little odd, but only because it doesn't exist. The BBC exists for historic reasons.

Likewise it's clear that you can have TV without centralised funding, because many countries do. However, I personally feel that centralised licence funding produces better TV, if only for lack of adverts. (I certainly don't deify the BBC and am very critical of many things about them, but I don't feel this means it's the wrong method of funding).

To me, adverts simply are a key issue. I like having TV without adverts and, yes, personally I'm happy to pay for them. I appreciate the point that you may not be, but... well, I disagree. As a turkey, I'm not going to vote for Christmas.
    Says James, in my opinion, there's nothing in this world
    Beats a '52 Vincent and a red headed girl
  • TNG
    Schwade wrote: »
    Maybe someone for the TV license can respond to my post?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=10255363&postcount=189

Love to hear why we need a state funded tv (and radio) entertainment channel.

for the same reason that big business has no place in schools.

The agenda changes in order to please shareholders/the share price/the advertisers and as a result, quality of product comes a VERY poor second
  • TNG

I can't deny that when you use the example of 'the Daily BBC' then you can't deny it looks a little odd, but only because it doesn't exist. The BBC exists for historic reasons.

Likewise it's clear that you can have TV without centralised funding, because many countries do. However, I personally feel that centralised licence funding produces better TV, if only for lack of adverts. (I certainly don't deify the BBC and am very critical of many things about them, but I don't feel this means it's the wrong method of funding).

To me, adverts simply are a key issue. I like having TV without adverts and, yes, personally I'm happy to pay for them. I appreciate the point that you may not be, but... well, I disagree. As a turkey, I'm not going to vote for Christmas.

put far better than someone with the intellect of a goldfish could ever do. ;)

Thanks
  • Defiant_3

You mean in the very early years of TV when nothing else existed because we have hundreds of TV & Radio stations today
    However, I personally feel that centralised licence funding produces better TV, if only for lack of adverts.

That's why I think they should make it subscription and then people like YOU can fund it so everyone is happy :D
    put far better than someone with the intellect of a goldfish could ever do. ;)

Thanks

Glad to see you've come to terms with you're problem. Do we get to hear you have an opinion on the topic anytime soon or is this trolling all you can do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure