A pound stretching maternity

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Having a 5 minute sit down whilst ds has an ice cream watching Topsy and Tim!

I worked out that it cost around £1 per week for the amount we tumble dry. Will try line drying and then maybe finishing towels and bed clothes off in the tumble dryer.

Went to pick up the mini blender/chopper from Wilko and they were sold out.There were loads there at the weekend. Typical!

I checked the accounts this morning and there seems to be a problem with Nationwide. It doesn't show that any direct debits have gone out, though according to the information I've found online they have it's just they're not showing.

I've updated YNAB so that's all up to date. I'm going to reconcile the accounts in a little while so that will be all up done. I haven't looked at my planning work yet. I really should do it today.....I will be so pleased when it's all finished!

The Tesco shop came in at £27.59 :j That included a pack of stuffing mix to put away for Christmas and a multipack of those little cereal boxes for Elf on the Shelf breakfast as they were half price. :j

We picked blackberries this afternoon, ready to put into a crumble. We then went to the co-op for cooking apples to go with the blackberries, but they didn't stock any. I've asked dh to call by his parents on the way home instead to pick some rhubarb. We'll make our crumble tomorrow.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi, I've got 2 airers that I use for drying washing (over the winter/rainy days) I put them up near to a large radiator overnight and in 12 hours or so most things are dry.

I finish some things off in the tumble dryer but can go days and days without using it. In fact I hate using my tumble dryer as I know how much they cost!

When it's good weather EVERYTHING goes outside.
  • MrsSave
    louby40 wrote: »
    Hi, I've got 2 airers that I use for drying washing (over the winter/rainy days) I put them up near to a large radiator overnight and in 12 hours or so most things are dry.

I finish some things off in the tumble dryer but can go days and days without using it. In fact I hate using my tumble dryer as I know how much they cost!

When it's good weather EVERYTHING goes outside.

Ive got 1 airer which I'm getting better at using, but it is mostly down to laziness that I use the tumble dryer. I suffer badly from hayfever between May/June and the middle of August so I couldn't put anything out between those dates at all, the rest of the time I have no excuse. I may invest in another indoor airer for when the weather is wet.
  • MrsSave
    Nationwide seems to be back working for me. I also sat and did my planning for school this afternoon which means I'm all sorted for Monday. I don't have to think about it over the weekend now! Yay!!

It's been a bit of a spendy evening. We needed a new seal for the washing machine, so I've ordered one and it's being delivered tomorrow. That, including delivery, cost around £24. I also saw a cute Santa sleepsuit at half price. I will admit that I ordered it. £5.50 for that. I need to sort them on YNAB now. I did manage to reconcile everything earlier.

I used last night's left over chicken for tonight's dinner. I made a garlic, lemon and herb pasta with chicken and peas type thing! It was actually really tasty and is definitely on the list to be made again. Spaghetti and meatballs is on the menu for tomorrow night, and I just managed to remember to take the mince out of the freezer to defrost! It's a huge pack of mince, though, so I may make a chilli or something with half of it to freeze.

I'm in bed early for the third night in a row. Definitely starting to feel this pregnancy!
  • MrsSave
    edited 2 September 2016 at 10:52PM
    Friday!!

Today's list:
    • Take ds swimming, done
    • Wait in for dpd delivery (other than swimming......we get an hour slot so hoping it's this afternoon),done
    • Make meatballs and sauce,done
    • Make and freeze a chilli with the rest of the mince,
    • Make a crumble with ds,done
    • Check and update YNAB, done
    • Check bank accounts and Tesco credit card, done
    • Hopefully collect ds's trousers will be ready to be collected.done

I can't do laundry until the new seal arrives and is fixed onto the machine. I'm not sure whether to attempt this myself or wait for Dh to get home from work tonight!
  • kerron7
    kerron7 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MrsSave wrote: »
    What a day! Ds has been a complete monkey all day. He's broken toys and just generally not listened. He's usually really good (the usual toddler behaviour, but generally well behaved) so today has been draining. I'm thinking it was the late night last night (even though he slept in this morning).

We ticked everything off our list. Dinner was garlic and lemon chicken with potatoes and veg, and was tasty. There are a couple of chicken breasts left over so I think I'll shred them into some pasta or something tomorrow evening.

We picked up the gift for Granny in law and then went to get the swim nappies. I ended up buying the boots own brand ones as they were on offer down to £2. I did also take ds for a drink and we shared a slice of cake in a cafe after swimming (it wouldn't have happened if his swimming was later in the day and he'd already been a little monkey!). I haven't updated the spends on YNAB yet (£3.95 for the drink and cake, £2 for the nappies) so must get around to that tomorrow morning.

The best bit of today, though, was...........

I have 12 bottles of wine!

Ok, so I can't drink any for at least another 3 months, but that's Christmas sorted! Oh, and I've been accepted for the M&S card which gives the £25 voucher to spend on food/drink. Will make sure I buy one thing on it, pay it off and then get rid of the card.

A lot of teachers are back in work tomorrow. It's so nice working part time and knowing I've got a few more days off to go! I'm sure I won't be feeling quite as positive Sunday night, though!!

We are having this kind of behaviour at the moment with DS3, he has just turned 2. His latest thing is throwing everything in sight, and screaming if he doesn't get his own way.

:T to the wine, doesn't agree with me unfortunately...it makes me red and itchy!
    Emergency Fund - £50/£500
  • MrsSave
    kerron7 wrote: »
    We are having this kind of behaviour at the moment with DS3, he has just turned 2. His latest thing is throwing everything in sight, and screaming if he doesn't get his own way.

:T to the wine, doesn't agree with me unfortunately...it makes me red and itchy!

It makes me happy to see that I'm not the only one! To be fair, he has been much better since, though I think he's really getting to the age where he likes to push things and get his own way. He's been back to my lovely little boy today. He wanted to watch a film, then snuggled up to me on the sofa. He's not a cuddly boy at all, so it was completely lovely.
  • MrsSave
    Today has been expensive. Again.

A thought crossed my mind about ds's car seat. I couldn't remember if it was a stage 2 seat or a stage 2 and 3 seat. Looked at the stuff that came with the seat and it's a stage 2 up to 18 kgs. He's 17.5 kgs already so it's time to invest in a new car seat. I found one with fab reviews on sale in a few different places. The cheapest I found it was £49.99 but if I spent over £50 I got £10 off. I found a Christmas present for my niece so I got the £10 off. I wasn't expecting to be spending out today, especially after yesterday and the washing machine door seal.

The door seal turned up today and I decided to wait until Dh got home so he could fix it. I'm pleased I did......gave me something to laugh about! An hour and a half to two hours later he was telling me that it is the wrong one and won't fit the machine. I had a quick look at what he was doing and he was putting it in upside down! :rotfl: We eventually got it done, and put on an express wash to make sure it wasn't going to leak! Yay!! :j

I didn't make the chilli to freeze, but the mince is in the fridge ready. I was thinking of making it tomorrow and then we could have chilli for lunch in wraps or pittas or something. I made meatballs for dinner, they went down well! Then for pudding we had the crumble that ds and I made (though if you were to ask him, he did it all and I did nothing!).

I've told Dh that we need to pull the belts in a little tighter this month as we've had a few unexpected spends. He agreed and mentioned some overtime he is going to be doing during the next couple of weeks that should bring in more than enough to cover the car seat. :j I'm hoping I'll start hearing from my supply agency soon with a little extra work just to top up the pot.
  • MrsSave
    Dh got up with ds this morning, so even though I was awake a little in the night I managed to sleep until 8!!! Woohoo!

Was going to be really good and line dry today. That's not going to happen. It's pouring down with rain outside. I've got at least 3 loads of laundry to get through today, though, so planning for 1 in the tumble, the other 2 on the indoor airer. I'll call it progress.

I may start meal planning for next week today, the new week doesn't start until a Thursday/Friday with me, though, so plenty of time.

Other than that, I'm not sure what our plans are today. There is a local food fayre we may pop to this afternoon for a walk around. Sounds like a quiet one today!
  • MrsSave
    I did stick with my only one load in the tumble dryer yesterday. The other 2 on the airer. We did buy a new airer yesterday, but I'm thinking that it will be cheaper long term. Dh spent £17 in Wilko (though that did include the airer and also a gift for me......a candle :) ).

Dh and ds went to the food fayre. I slept for over 2 hours! Dh took his mum with him and she paid entry for them. He picked up some brownies from there (from a local, well known company......they're gorgeous!). They cost £4.50 but came from dh's swimming fund as he hadn't been last week.

I did a little Christmas shopping yesterday and then a little more this morning. I've got something for my father in law and dh has quite a few bits ordered now. We've only got little budgets for each other this year, so I'm nearly spent out for him. I'm hoping he'll like what he's getting though!! The Christmas money is all sitting in the account ready, so all Christmas shopping is already budgeted for (I just need to stick to budget!!).

Back to work tomorrow :( I can't complain at only working part time, though, I'm only in one day this week!! Ds starts school this week too. I can't believe it! He's not my little baby anymore.

We haven't got many plans today. We may try out ds's new kite and take him to the park. Other than that it will be a film and hot chocolate afternoon and then we're making a roast dinner this evening. We've got a chicken this week. There should be plenty of left overs for tomorrow's dinner :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts