Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Comments

• Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    The least he can do is take you out for dinner. If not, I would let him know there's virtually nothing you can easily cook at home, so maybe suggest getting a take-away.

Although, I'd be pretty peed off if I didn't go out for dinner on the rare occasion DGD is away from home xx
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    We did get out for a meal. The pub at the end of the road does two steaks and a bottle of house wine for £25. Brilliant value but it was very busy so we had to wait a long time for the meal. Gave us a chance to chat a bit, which is always good as he is not much of a talker.
    Today I am going to afternoon tea at Whittlebury Hall to meet my daughter and some of the girls etc on her hen weekend. Although it's quite early at 1.30 so I will be foregoing lunch.
    Back on the diet tomorrow although I will still be careful with what I eat today. I had fruit and fibre cereal for Breakfast after my cup of hot water and lemon. Having my first cup of tea of the day now.
    bF is weilding the strimmer for me as it is one job I struggle to do with my arm.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    The garden was mostly dragged back into shape this morning and at 12.30 BF took a pile of rubbish to the tip for me, as I went to meet my daughter and her friends etc. Very nice high tea followed by a glass of Prosecco (spelling?), my daughter has had a good weekend and her friends looked after her well. We all chatted and had a good afternoon. Her Dads wife came, and we sat chatting etc and he came to collect her at the end and sat with us for about 20 minutes before I left to come home.
    All in all fairly successful. He had been to see our Son while we had tea, so that is a bonus as he rarely sees them.
    I am hoping to put my feet up, and do some reading now and after tea I should be doing this weeks accounts etc. Although I may be tempted to do them in the morning as I have been waking around 5am with the neighbour's shuffling vans and cars around, then I tune into the birds and can't sleep.
    Tomorrow I will get my business head back on, get my outfit for the wedding cut out, and the bow ties started, and will be putting my dieting plans into practice.
    Along with the budget changes being heeded.
    Basically it's time to put my big girls knickers back on, or as my mum says, pull myself up with my boot straps!!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Well typically I was up twice for the loo, and didn't wake until 6am alarm.
    I have read my emails, social media updates, and looked at the main bank balances and paid bills.
    I am having my hot water with lemon (instead of tea(. I have my SAD lamp on because I found yesterday quite oppression and I feel a little stressed.
    Then I will jump in the shower and launch myself into the working day.
    I have a pile of wet washing to hang up, not out as my rotaryvline is not stable enough for the weight of the cover. I can't seem to find a strong enough one these days and the first puff of wind and it's over!
    It's back to school so I need to get dgd into school morning mode, which is never easy. I have ordered school lunches so at least I don't have her lunch to get but I do need to do mine.
    I better finish this water and get moving! All I want to do is go back to sleep and have a duvet day! Of course being a business woman that cannot happen and I must carry on regardless.
    Hands really hurt, that's the rain then, golden paste needed too. I am not sure if it works well or not, as I still forget about taking it sometimes. But I should do more while I have a lot of it in the fridge.
    So I need to find my positive thoughts and energy and move myself up a gear.
    Hope everyone is safe in this scary world we find ourselves in.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Post today brings a letter from Housing telling me my Housing Benefits have changed and I need to pay another £51 this month. I have already lost £26 odd a week income and now it looks like I am being reassessed and change is afoot. I have yet to hear from the council how they have come to their conclusion as they asked for my account by 10th June, and I have yet to produce that too them?
    I am about to be overhauled financially again then.

Have your tax credits gone up slightly recently?
    Tax Credits notify local authorities straight away so sometimes this can trigger a recalculation without you having done anything.

Hope the letter arrives today and if it doesn't maybe you could call them and see what is happening?
  • Savvy_sewing
    I will have to wait until after work as the post doesn't come here until mid day ish!
    I am expecting that when I do my year end figures I will be loosing my tax credits, well some of them, and the housing benefit. But I have still to give them the accounts.
    I wanted to see the accountant first. Must remember to try and get that appointment.
  • Savvy_sewing
    No post today.
    Busy all day and forgot to call accountant again. I will have to just send my accounts as an estimate and tell them I will update when finalised later in the year.
    I am not very good at this diet idea, totally forgot and as running late picking dgd up from after school club that I bought a chippy!
    I will have to really remember to plan my meals or I will never lose anything in time for the wedding!
    On the bonus side I am not so constipated!!
    I better go and get dgd from Brownies
    Only been home 5 minutes after delivering a dress we finished lat
  • Savvy_sewing
    Well we have been busy again and nearly cleared the list today. We are doing really well, and have enough work for two of us on Thursday but probably not Friday. But you never know what might come in still.
    We took a healthy £220.55 today and had taken £260 odd yesterday.
    Thursday sees me starting on the items for my daughter's wedding.
    We are only 3 weeks away from it.
    I am babysitting for her at the moment, haven't done that for a while.
  • Savvy_sewing
    I am indulging myself first today.
    I have a massage and a manicure booked today. I booked it a while ago, but dispite funds getting squeezed I have decided that I deserve to spend some money on me!
    After the indulgence I will be going to see Mum and taking her out etc before collecting dgd at 3.15
    I will do the housework after school and then the accounting this evening.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Well I don't seem to have lost weight but added to it!!!!
    Double the effort now then! I am obviously still not exercising enough and eating too much!
    Think I will make myself some vegetable soup for tonight.
    I have had my hot water and slice of lemon.
    I have done some warm up exercises and tummy ones, already this morning.Mail checked, bank balance and recent transactions checked.
    Messages on Facebook followed through.
    Time for a shower and breakfast. Get dgd up, and school run. It's raining here so rather dull and dreary, may need to use the sad lamp again on days like this.
    Biggest is coming for her wedding dress fittings today and I intend to work on my outfit today.
    Feels strange wearing nail polish. Was experimenting with the colours for the wedding.
    Dgd went to bed with a sore neck after falling over the wheel barrow playing in the garden yesterday. I gave her a hot water bottle to hug. I am hoping that she will be feeling better today!
    Better go and see.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure