IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

One parking solution fine

Options
I have received a fine from one parking solution .... the photos are time stamped 12.41 and show my car ... the fine states wrong registration .. fine says Y592 and I am Y952. I have a ticket which expired at 14 15....two hour ticket. I disputed this as the machines were out of order. One was working and people were asking where the working one was ... right at the end of the park. I am not young and have a dodgy ankle so obviously took longer to get there and back after helping others .. they not interested said i must pay .. what can I do ?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    actually , they should have given you a POPLA code

has this been given ?

as you then have 28 days from the date of the code to appeal to POPLA, has this expired yet or roughly now many days are left ?
  • Tugela
    Tugela Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They gave me a POPLA code. Is it worth pursuing this? The actual fine states the wrong Reg No. - In fact I could not sign into the site to check this fine as the reg was wrong - so I informed them and they quickly changed it without telling me... sneaky??
  • Redx
    Options
    even if you lost at popla you are not required to pay

you only owe the money if a judge says so

its your choice but most people would and should do a decent popla appeal based on post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread, especially if there are errors on the paperwork
  • Tugela
    Options
    Thanks. One other question. This alleged violation was on 10 May yet the postage date this was sent was 2 June. Somewhere I read they have to fine you within 15 days - is this correct.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No mileage there - and it isn't a "fine" (they can never fine you!)
  • Redx
    Options
    no , they cannot "fine " you at all, that would be illegal or unlawful because private parking "fines" were made a civil law issue years ago , or were never "fines in the first place"

they can issue an invoice within 6 years, but if they wish to follow the law , namely POFA2012 they have to send it so it arrives by day 15 for ANPR events (not windscreen tickets) , if they dont follow POFA2012 then they can send it when they like

if you admitted being the driver in your appeal, then POFA2012 does not apply in which case you would have made your case harder to win as you cannot hide behind POFA2012 if you admit that you were driving

so what you are saying is they failed POFA2012 but in post #1 you hinted that you admitted to driving, a classic mistake
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Tugela wrote: »
    I have received a fine from one parking solution .... the photos are time stamped 12.41 and show my car ... the fine states wrong registration .. fine says Y592 and I am Y952. I have a ticket which expired at 14 15....two hour ticket. I disputed this as the machines were out of order. One was working and people were asking where the working one was ... right at the end of the park. I am not young and have a dodgy ankle so obviously took longer to get there and back after helping others .. they not interested said i must pay .. what can I do ?

Win at POPLA.

Read the NEWBIES thread, post #3, that's what it's there for. Show us your POPLA draft based on the template wording.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tugela
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    no , they cannot "fine " you at all, that would be illegal or unlawful because private parking "fines" were made a civil law issue years ago , or were never "fines in the first place"

they can issue an invoice within 6 years, but if they wish to follow the law , namely POFA2012 they have to send it so it arrives by day 15 for ANPR events (not windscreen tickets) , if they dont follow POFA2012 then they can send it when they like

if you admitted being the driver in your appeal, then POFA2012 does not apply in which case you would have made your case harder to win as you cannot hide behind POFA2012 if you admit that you were driving

so what you are saying is they failed POFA2012 but in post #1 you hinted that you admitted to driving, a classic mistake

EEEKKK yes I did admit I was the driver -oh well shall try POPLA and see how it goes !
  • Redx
    Options
    shame , if you read this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5619279 and read the assessors report you will see why we say do not name the driver

you should have asked on here a month ago when the NTK arrived, especially as you have been a member here for 8 years

good luck
  • Mike29
    Options
    Hi, just out of interest how did this turn out in the end?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure