Won section 75 and refunded by card provider then retailer refunds me

angryparcel
angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
edited 9 June 2017 at 1:44PM in Credit cards
Hi
I submitted a section 75 claim as a retailer would not refund me after cancelling my order.

I won this and the card provider (capital one) put the money back on my card on 22-05-2017 as a PURCHASE ADJUSTMENT.

I went to check my card balance today and noticed the retailer must have had a change of heart and refunded me on 07-06-2017.

I know i cannot keep the second lot of money, so do i open a secure message with capital one or reply to the email from their disputes dept telling me a won the claim

Comments

• foxtrotoscar_2
    foxtrotoscar_2 Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Hi
    I submitted a section 75 claim as a retailer world not refund me after cancelling my order.
    I won this and the card provider (capital one) put the money back on my card on 22-05-2017 as a PURCHASE ADJUSTMENT.
    I went to check my card balance today and noticed the retailer must have had a change of heart and refunded me on 07-06-2017.

I know i cannot keep the second lot of money, so do i open a secure message with capital one or reply to the email from their disputes dept telling me a won the claim

In English?
  • angryparcel
    In English?
    it is clear

I won a section 75 claim and got the money from card provider as retailer would not refund me

now retailer has refunded me so i have 2 lots of money back on my card
  • sivs
    sivs Posts: 247
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I don't know why you have spent your time writing this, your time could have been used to send an email to capital one and notify them.

What do you think people are going to say, don't let them know, keep it?
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,292
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    This could get messy...

You could tell capital one that your account has been credited twice with a refund, and ask them how they want to handle it...

... but whilst that's going on, the retailer might realise that you have been refunded twice, and contact you to claim the money back from you directly.

But on balance, it's probably best to just inform capital one, and let them decide how to sort it out.
  • angryparcel
    sivs wrote: »
    I don't know why you have spent your time writing this, your time could have been used to send an email to capital one and notify them.

What do you think people are going to say, don't let them know, keep it?
    yes, but do i send a secure message in my account or reply to the dispute debt, as these goto different depts.

If you read my post you will see i say i know i cant keep both
  • angryparcel
    eddddy wrote: »
    This could get messy...

You could tell capital one that your account has been credited twice with a refund, and ask them how they want to handle it...

... but whilst that's going on, the retailer might realise that you have been refunded twice, and contact you to claim the money back from you directly.

But on balance, it's probably best to just inform capital one, and let them decide how to sort it out.
    the section 75 money from capital one shows as PURCHASE ADJUSTMENT, so i would assume is from their own funds and not a direct refund from the retailer.
    I assume that when capital one made contact with the retailer they have had second thoughts and decided to refund me
    reading the trustpilot reviews for the retailer i am surprised they have refunded me as it is something they dont like doing along with providing goods
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Notify capital one, and whichever kart you respond to state that you have had contact with the other department and tell them to liaise.

If they !!!! that up you can look forward to a bit of compo.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Why do you assume that Capital One refunded you via S75?

Capital One could have easily charged back the transaction as company didn't deliver the goods. The company may then have also refunded the transaction on receipt of the charge-back notification.

Who are they, out of interest?
  • angryparcel
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    Why do you assume that Capital One refunded you via S75?

Capital One could have easily charged back the transaction as company didn't deliver the goods. The company may then have also refunded the transaction on receipt of the charge-back notification.

Who are they, out of interest?
    I dont assume i was refunded by S75 i know i was as i have email from capital one telling me it was successful .
    the payment shows up as PURCHASE ADJUSTMENT, which would indicate they have not refunded from the retailer, but for their own funds or just removed the original transaction from my account.

the retailer was https://pc-tec.co.uk/ and this is their trustpilot reviews https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/pc-tec.co.uk
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    You have contacted them now, haven't you?

You don't need to ask random strangers whether to email or message. Either will reach them so do whichever is most convenient.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure