Bank Charges Success Stories II

Comments

• Dragon_Lady_3
    Dragon_Lady_3 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Bank: HSBC
    Amount Claimed: £2403.35 plus costs
    Amount Offered: £2598.39 :j

All using Martins Templates from this site. :A

1st letter 12th January 2007. Initially offered £1500.00, er thanks, but no thanks.

Filed on line through Money Claim OnLine

They had until today 1st June 2007, to file their Allocation Questionaire to the courts. Not done.

Got home tonight to find letter offering £2598.39. Thank you very much!!

Keep at it. It takes time and the banks are dragging their feet, but it can be done. :beer:
    Proud to be dealing with my debts ONE day at a time
    Stopped smoking 25.05.07 - Saving £7.80 a day
    :j Successfully claimed bank charges of £2598.39 as of 1st June 2007:j
  • janeo1960
    janeo1960 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Bank: RBS
    Amount Claimed: £3979.00 plus £120 court costs
    Amount paid: £3979
    I got as far as the online court claim and today (one day before the final date) I received a long letter telling me how they didnt agree with my claim, charges were fair bla, bla, bla but as a gesture of goodwill they were willing to pay £3979.00!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.:beer:
  • popshed
    popshed Posts: 37 Forumite
    Further to previous postings...
    100% success!!
    Barclays Bank
    Claimed: ~£450 + Interest = ~£600

Barclays paid up the core amount just after I filed my claim with the court. Left the claim in the process for the difference. They filed defence but finally caved in 30 days before the scheduled hearing.

They did not close my account. I've already parachuted over to the Halifax so I'll get an extra £100 for that and a lot more interest (thanks again Martin), but I'm keeping the Barclays account open with pennies in it just because it'll cost them more money that way ;)
    I'll close it when they realise my account is dormant and not before.
    Thanks Martin and the other members that helped me up till now. :):):)
  • mattaious
    mattaious Posts: 28 Forumite
    Success!

Been chasing and trying to sort this out for a few months and now its done!

Claimed for £1800
    HSBC Paid £1600

Sent first letters in march.
    Then they said they didnt receive but i sent them recorded so ha!
    Then got a letter saying we'll look into it.
    Didnt hear anything for 3 weeks so sent letter saying if i dont hear from you within 3 weeks ill see you in court,
    They sent letter and RANG ME to say we have 8 weeks,
    I said ok, fair enough (i was on holiday anyway) got back from sunny greece to find a letter there, nervously opened, thinking ill get nothing, and i get a "Without Prejudice?"

Anyways
    So gratefull for Martin and everyone on the site, I did get slighting worried when the LLoyds TSB one won in court but i stuck to it!

Now all ive got to do is my credit card (HSBC Aswell)

CHEERS
  • Claimed £2415
    Halifax Paid £2415
    They paid a first instalment of £1399 which of course i accepted as part payment. Then took them to court via moneyclaim. I was informed they were to defend - gulp! but this week got a letter to say that they would be paying the balance and the court costs!!!!!!!!
    Despite feeling jittery over the current court decision i am victorious!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :j
  • repaid charges
    hsbc,
    claimed £4,200 repaid £3,850 hsbc
    sent first letter, after two weeks had a reply saying they would look into it
    never heard any more so after three weeks sent second letter stating they had 14 days to reply or we would start court proceedings, had reply within a week offering without prejudice and we had 8 weeks to accept!!
    signed and sent straight back.
    money was in account within a week.
    excellent.

thank you.
    now for capital one credit card:
  • neill41
    neill41 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Bank Alliance & Leicester
    Amount claimed £639
    Amount got back £851

Followed tips on this site and got my statements.
    Sent polite letter asking for £639 and got the standard reply stating their terms were comparable with other banks.

Did`nt bother with the second letter but went straight to moneyclaim on 18/05/07 and sent a follow up letter to court/bank specifying each and every charge i was claiming for, statuatory interest and court fee.
    Had a letter from Wragg and co on 23/05/07 stating they were going to defend all of my claim.
    Cheque arrived in post today for £851 (amount claimed + interest + £80 court fee. An accompying letter stated it was a ex gratia payment and they, the bank, would not close my account as long as i agreed to the terms and conditions of my account (£25 for unauthorised overdraft/ £34 for returned dd etc). I`ve cashed the cheque, and will just make sure i never go overdrawn again
  • BabyDiesel
    BabyDiesel Posts: 48 Forumite
    Bank: Northern Bank

Amount Reclaimed: £580 plus intrest

Amount they paid: £500

The story:
    Received statements, sent letter and printout asking for money back. They then asked for the actual statements with the charges highlighted, done this and 3days letter I received a letter offering £500!!
    If only they were all as easy as this!!!:j :j

Bank: Abbey

Amount reclaimed:£1900

Amount they paid: Nothing yet - offered a measly £50

The story:
    Done it all by the book and not succeeding so courts are my nxt step!
  • Bank: Barclays
    Amount Reclaimed: Total £684.05 (including £159.04 interest)
    Amount they paid: Offered £390

Total time taken - letter sent 30/4 - response within a week stating it may take longer than the 14days requested and stating will respond in 4 weeks. Got offer letter today 1/6 so exactly 4 weeks.

Was quite disheartened when the court didn't uphold the case to Lloyds but hopefully this will help people to realise they can still claim and get a positive response.

Thanks MMM!! (My Mate Martin!)
  • 24th April 2007 Claimed: £2115 actual (+ £482 interest)
    1st June 2007 Offered: £1585

We're accepting the offer as we simply need the dosh right now. Have no doubt we could have got it all, had we the time. Still, a fair(ish) result we think. Now chasing HSBC, who have just entered a last day defence on MCOL.

Thanks to all involved in this site, particularly the Martinmeister of course, and to those who continue to submit their success stories, which are a valuable source of information and confidence boosting for those still biting their nails. Don't forget to use the information elsewhere on the site too though.......look after the pennies.....

Good on ya, one and all
    Buzz Lightale

"..Toooo insolvency......and beyond !!!!..."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills