DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 8

Options

Comments

• AmyV_2
    AmyV_2 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Squirrel29 wrote: »
    I'm on a DMP with Payplan and recently had the pleasure of KPR (Nationwide) taking out a CCJ against a £2300 CC. Am waiting for redermination hearing.

They've written to me already to offer 50% off to settle my £500 OD with them which I ignored. Today they have written offering settlement at 25% (£125) and will mark my credit report with 'partially settled' and rest of balance written off.

I have fortunately earned some overtime this month which would allow me to afford this payment. Is it worth doing?

Hi Squirrel, Why did they decide to go for a CCJ? Hope the redetermination hearing gets things sorted for you :-)

So on one account they have gone for a CCJ, but the other they are offering you a settlement - crazy isn't it!.

Some people say that you shouldn't go for partial settlements as they could rear up again at some point. However we actually did a 25% partial settlement with KPR a while back.

I would make sure you get them to put it in writing that it is a partial settlement and that they will no longer chase you for the remaining amount and the account will be set to zero and they will not pass on the remainder to any other organisation to reclaim it either.

Good luck with it!
  • Newchapter
    Newchapter Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    What a fantastic idea! I'm going to do the same with a special telephone voice from now on.

Hi Daisypop :wave:

We had no problems at all with Marbles but had a very similar issue with HBOS, constant phonecalls, one person knew, one person didn't, wanted the stuff from us that CCCS had already sent. What we did in the end was answer the phone but said nothing, as soon as the person at the other end identified themself, we would say "This is an automated message. I am on a DMP with CCCS and my reference number is ......", then put the phone down.

Two can play at an automated telephone system :)
    Debt Apr 2011 - a staggering £65171, ...so a 20 year plan ahead just like a 2nd mortgage!!!:o
    Its going down, now £40k :happyhear
  • kerinat
    kerinat Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all... We are on a dmp with cccs....debt now down to £5,000 from about £31,000. Problem is we stupidly have an overdraft of £2,000 between our accounts and are sinking again. Cant tell cccs as i dont think they would help us as we are not supposed to have an overdraft. I know we are stupid but just dont know what to do now :(
    13 creditors wanting £31,00
    May 2012-£5,000 owing
    Debt Free June 2013
    Thanks CCCS
  • bertman
    bertman Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

We will be starting our DMP with CCCS within the next week or so, I am ready to send the CC letters out with a token payment, but I saw something about paying these through online banking. Would this be a viable option?
    Debts as of June 2012 - £68,986.35
    Now £27,470.20 :T
    57% of debts cleared:beer:
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Right, we've been able to check a CC online, and the other two send us updates and no-one (so far) is charging interest.
    However, we're going to have to make contact with the old bank where Mr BR has an old overdrawn account (closed) and a loan.

Great news BR. You will get there, just have to keep on persevering:)
    kerinat wrote: »
    Hi all... We are on a dmp with cccs....debt now down to £5,000 from about £31,000. Problem is we stupidly have an overdraft of £2,000 between our accounts and are sinking again. Cant tell cccs as i dont think they would help us as we are not supposed to have an overdraft. I know we are stupid but just dont know what to do now :(

Sorry to hear that Kerinat. Personally I would call CCCS. I'm sure that this isn't the first time they have had to deal with a case like yours. If they don't help could you self manage a DMP including the overdrafts? Would Payplan be an option?
    bertman wrote: »
    Hi All,

We will be starting our DMP with CCCS within the next week or so, I am ready to send the CC letters out with a token payment, but I saw something about paying these through online banking. Would this be a viable option?

I don't see why not. I would put that information in the letters, but if they are ready to go out you might not want to do them again! I have read people do postal orders so as not to give their creditors their bank details. If this isn't a problem for you then I think it should be fine.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • BlushingRose
    BlushingRose Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    Options
    Growurown wrote: »

Thanks hon x

I don't see why not. I would put that information in the letters, but if they are ready to go out you might not want to do them again! I have read people do postal orders so as not to give their creditors their bank details. If this isn't a problem for you then I think it should be fine.

We sent our token payments vis a postal order and no-one complained (although the bank sent one back as apparently we had the wrong address)
    Our LBM: Dec 2011. DMP started: Jan 2012. Debt at LBM: £41,568

Oct 2012 = Current debt: £40,548.93
    Oct 2013 = Current debt: £39.054.70

DMP Support number 424 - Long haul number 308
  • Squirrel29
    Squirrel29 Posts: 646 Forumite
    Options
    AmyV wrote: »
    Hi Squirrel, Why did they decide to go for a CCJ? Hope the redetermination hearing gets things sorted for you :-)

So on one account they have gone for a CCJ, but the other they are offering you a settlement - crazy isn't it!.

Good luck with it!
    I've no idea why they went for CCJ, I've always made my DMP payments on time and recently increased them. Seems very mean spirited.
    Second and final LBM 01/01/11 Nearly got there but fell of wagon. HAVE to do it this time :mad:
  • speshfesh
    speshfesh Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options

Sorry to hear that Kerinat. Personally I would call CCCS. I'm sure that this isn't the first time they have had to deal with a case like yours. If they don't help could you self manage a DMP including the overdrafts? Would Payplan be an option?

Have you tried the Santander BillPay site?
    https://www.santanderbillpayment.co.uk/scripts/index.asp
    They have links to a lot of institutions and no links with Santander bank accounts as far as I can see (in case Santander are one of your creditors).
    Just a thought.:D
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options

Hi kerinat :wave:

Did you manage to get this sorted with CCCS?
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options

Sorry to hear you fell off the wagon

Maybe wise to speak to CCCS. Yes there is a chance they could cancel the DMP ....BUT.......you could always try elsewhere, or snowballing. The thing I would urge you to consideri s what is the alternative? Most of us will speak from experience and say if we had shouted up earlier we would be in a much better position rather than just paying extortionate interest rates.

Good luck

HHx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family