02-reg Daewoo Matiz 0.8litre - £150 road tax!

Was looking at a 02-reg Daewoo Matiz 0.8 for sale locally on AutoTrader. I put the reg plate into the taxdisc.direct.gov.uk website and it comes up with the road tax being £150 for the 12 months. How is tax that much for just a 796CC engine?

:eek:

Comments

• nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's not about the size anymore but the number of carbons.
    Looks like BMW (for example) have spent more on R&D to get their cars into the lower bands than Daewoo.

p.s maybe if they charged £3000 tax for the Daewoo it would get the horridable things off the road lol ;)
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Was looking at a 02-reg Daewoo Matiz 0.8 for sale locally on AutoTrader. I put the reg plate into the taxdisc.direct.gov.uk website and it comes up with the road tax being £150 for the 12 months. How is tax that much for just a 796CC engine?

:eek:

No justice is there?, it is a farce.. Try and find an earlier model or different model, cars registered earlier have lower tax bands.

My Daughters 2000 W Reg. Mazda 323 with a 1300cc engine is only £120 a year.
  • Ah I see. I checked the reg of an S-reg one too and it was only £125 tax with the same size engine.

RE nomoneytoday, how are they horrible? My grandparents have a newer version Chevrolet Matiz with a 1litre engine and I find it very nippy for getting from A to B around town. :p
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ... I find it very nippy for getting from A to B around town. :p
    Yes, they are good at that.
  • it aint about carbons at all ,its about how much mp's can get for their hands on for new tv's and duck houses
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    The Matiz, always was and still is a bundle of fun to drive! Wouldn't have one though as you have to carry enough speed thru bends to keep momentum. This however, means that you end up in a ditch or up and embankment lol.
  • wxmlad wrote: »
    it aint about carbons at all ,its about how much mp's can get for their hands on for new tv's and duck houses

Glad you cleared that up, wxmlad !
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    I had a lift in one a while ago, got in the back, I was amazed at how much room there was in it, truly amazing for a car of it's size.
  • jaydeeuk1
    jaydeeuk1 Posts: 7,714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Daewoos are pretty awful when it comes to emissions / MPG considering the engine size. I'm sure the 1.6 astra from same generation engine is lower tax than my 1.6 lanos.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure