Comments

• Sholly
    Sholly Posts: 269
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm here and ready to rumble!!

Pretty please can I have a number?

Sholly x
  • I was going to join in with this to give myself a good kick up the butt,however we just moved house, are still in the process of moving furniture etc,have no idea what the diesel will be like as we moved across town,have 6 kids and various appointments, work evenings so no way am I walking in the dark and not even started on any shopping as first I have my Mum's birthday(Dec 1st) and also my daughter's (Dec 19th).I only buy for the kids and my sister and my parents so can't cut any of those out unless I want to upset/offend them. Sigh. I'll be following the thread with interest though and will try to follow some of the rules unofficially.Good luck all of you.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • Hello Toomuchdebt :wave:,

You can always join in later once you have settled in your new house/area and know the prices and routine. Doing any of those challenges give you more control of your spending and also you are more aware of where the money goes. So good luck to you too with all of that+the house/furniture move :).
    t&j
    DMP started 2/2007
    DMP Mutual support #136
    DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 28 November 2012 at 10:38AM
    TooMuchDebt.. You just need to over-budget for a few things? Anything left over is a win for you! I'm just "suggesting" walking instead of petrol usage..I'm sure I said 'where possible'.. The food budget can be what you want it to be? What other excuses have you got?

This is hard to accommodate for everyone Rising! If you use a walking stick clearly the walking part won't include you.. We're to use our common sense to a degree. It's aiming at people ( like an acquaintance of mine ) who takes the car to the shop that's less than 5 minutes from her house?? That's not normal!!

It's difficult to co-ordinate a challenge of this magnitude for everyone... Should I tell people to omit three-four they can't manage?? Maybe that's the way forward..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • gelmc
    gelmc Posts: 89 Forumite
    Count me in too NK. I need this to keep me away on the sales and buying random crap!
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'd like to sign up for December too please x
    November NSD's - 7
  • please count me in . i want to clear my debts by the end of 2013 and this would get me of to a good start. i do get carried away during december with my spending so you will help me to keep control.
    :)
    You can if you think you can .
  • AlTeREgO
    AlTeREgO Posts: 114 Forumite
    Another great challenge ~ Good luck to everyone signing up :T

Looking at the link for the Money tins, the tin for reciepts - 'reciepts for money i used to have' made me giggle :rotfl:

Its already been pointed out you can buy these at £land, B&M ect, but you could also make your own sealed pot by gaffa taping a pringles pot, celebrations tin or whatever pot, so its sealed, and then decorate the tin as you wish :D and the money you save by doing this can be the first to hit the bottom of the pot :T
    SPC ~ 6 ~ MEMBER 1873
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Yay, DDD is here!!!
    Put me down please Kat :)
  • I think I'd like to join - eek its frightening!!!! Will print off the list and review at lunchtime. I kept dipping in and out of the NOvember thread thinking it was complete madness but here you guys are! 20 NSDs seems much more manageable! :money:

We have just moved and are in the process of renovating our kitchen - will need to be more organised! What I find is I'm constatly thinking on a "what do I need for today and tomorrow" basis and need to take a month long view!

anyway ramblings :o
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business