Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Comments

• Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    kiz69 wrote: »
    y get something del 2 home if u r at work and y order a b4 1 or an after1 if your not goin 2be at home if ru at work get it del 2there not your home :mad::mad: and if u order an b4 or after be in if u will not get it or when u ask us 2lev it with a ngh tell them 2b in or u be in :eek::T

I'd like to respond if I may. :D

The short answer is that we don't know when the parcel is coming, and often, even that it's coming via courier.

Due to our various work patterns somebody is in my house for an average of
    17.5 hours out of 24 per week day and possibly even more on weekends - why do you deliver when none of us are home? :D

When we or the courier company have specified a day for delivery - why don't you come on that day?

When we arrange a redelivery for a specific day, why don't you come on that day?

As for having things sent to our workplace...:wall: Not everyone drives to work. The several million people in this country who walk or commute would not be able to carry the kinds of unwieldy items that are sent by courier on trains and buses! And why should they have to struggle with them when they have paid to have them delivered?

I have a neighbour who works from home and one who is housebound. They are both very willing to take my parcels in for me if you bother to knock, but they are not under house arrest. :D They pop to the shops just the same as anybody else.

Especially - as I think I mentioned :D - we don't usually know you're coming, and you often don't come when we are expecting you. :doh:

Our DHL and Hermes people are great - but they work hours to suit them and not me. Citilink is not my favourite courier company and when the guy moans on my doorstep about how he came yesterday but I wasn't in I sing "If I knew you were coming I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake" at him. :D:D:D
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Try Parcelbee
    Uk 24hr £6.49
    No problems so far
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • I hate this firm... a bunch of monkeys!!!

2 orders from Debenhams... both orders delayed as it takes 5 days to get through to me.. second delivery I just happened to be upstairs.. no knock or bell ring.. just a card through the door at 7pm in the evening.. and on the card - we will redeliver in 5 days time (!!!!!! is that called a service) number on the card just a swiggle so couldn't arrange a time when I would be in.

Groan... horriable service to be honest. Even complain to the HO.. nothing.
    It's hard to find the balance when you are love.
    You're lost in the middle cause you have to decide between mind & heart.
    Heart is the engine of your body but brain is the engine of life.

• PikesPeak wrote: »
    Try Parcelbee
    Uk 24hr £6.49
    No problems so far

Surely they should be in the MSE recommended list!
    If that's their standard price (inc. VAT) for a 24hour courier service, that's better than anything featured on here.
    Will try them next time! Cheers! :money:
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    just had a package dispatched from Debenhams by my hermes :eek:
    i shall report how it goes
  • unfortunately 6.49 ex. Vat but 6.49 is the price you pay. Looks like they are not Vat registered. But still would recommend.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • PikesPeak wrote: »
    unfortunately 6.49 ex. Vat but 6.49 is the price you pay. Looks like they are not Vat registered. But still would recommend.

Ah that'd explain why they arn't on the best buys list - Monkey Parcels' 24hour service for £6.00 ex. vat beats them slightly.
    Though as far as I can tell this price is only temporary, so i'll keep a shortcut to Parcel Bee handy for when Monkey's prices go back up.
  • SADIE
    SADIE Posts: 527 Forumite
    Originally posted by custardly on 24-01-2010 5:15 PM
    just had a package dispatched from Debenhams by my hermes :eek:
    i shall report how it goes
    Well it must have gone well cos not heard anything!
  • kessik
    kessik Posts: 284 Forumite
    Just want to say that I started using myhermes during the postal strike and have no complaints at all. The courier has always come on the day she was meant to and they always give me a time frame. When I was called away unexpectedly I left a note on the door to saythat the parcel for pick up was under a wheelbarrow in the yard - when I got back the card with the collection number was through the door and the parcel was gone. I am planning to continue using them.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    SADIE wrote: »
    Well it must have gone well cos not heard anything!

oops :o

yup arrived with no problems
    I think in general our area is pretty well served by couriers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills