'3' monthly data dates

Options
I've signed up for 3's 40gb mobile broadband package. Does anyone know when the 40gb monthly allowance starts from/ends?

IE.
Calender month.
Date of purchase.
Date of first use.

I'd like it to run from the 1st of the month so sitting on the sim for a few weeks could be a plan, if it works that way.

Darren
Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
Sleep properly
Save some money

Comments

• flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have three Sim only contracts with 3 (for mobiles) and all have different billing dates, looking at the dates I'd say the date is from when the sim is first used, or thereabouts.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 October 2017 at 11:50PM
    Options
    It doesn't start from when the SIM is first used. The date starts up to 9 days before you recieve the SIM, so it's active when you first use the SIM. That is the reason why the first monthly bill is a bit higher than the regular bill.
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    All I can tell you is that when I had a 5GB allowance, the 5120 MB were added on the stroke of midnight at end of my month. How much are they charging for 40GB?
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    All I can tell you is that when I had a 5GB allowance, the 5120 MB were added on the stroke of midnight at end of my month. How much are they charging for 40GB?

£17

I quess I'll have to wait for the sim to arrive.

Darren.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • BrgMan
    Options
    Watch out for data disappearing when not using broadband, I bought a 12gb sim card valid for twelve months, logged on to check balance end of July and had 7gb left four weeks later without using mobile broadband it was down to 3gb, checked again before I go off to France only 1.2gb left. After an hour on live chat I got a £25 credit.. Lots of users of Three Mobile Broadband have complained about the same problem.
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have the sim now. New packages turn over on the 22nd of the month. This was for an order placed on the 16th of Oct.
    The first bill was for a month and a few extra days with a bigger data allowance in the first period to take it up to the 22nd Nov. £19.79 instead of £17 and 47gb instead of 40gb.

The plan is online at £17 including a £5 direct debit discount. So £22 base price I thought. Wrong. Its a £50 plan and has reccuring discounts for £15, £10, £5 and £3. So £17 is correct. The letter gives no breakdown of what the discounts are for but the £5 one must be the DD discount.
    Hopefully the word recurring means they are all permanent discounts and won't dissapear after a year.

Darren

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts