Home Insurance Fire Claim Diary

Comments

• Day 11
    Cunningham Lindsey has called to say that they have appointed Belfor for all cleaning works, and A&A Construction for all restoration works.
  • Day 12
    Belfor has called to schedule cleaning on the property for 5 days, from Day 17 up to Day 21.
    A&A Construction has called to visit the property on Day 18 to assess the scope of restoration works.
  • Day 17
    Belfor did some preliminary cleaning to our house. However, they decided to stop cleaning after a few hours as they said that our house is going to get dirty again if the next-door-fire-damaged house is to undergo restoration, although no one knows when the restoration works is going to start and how long it will take to fully restore the next-door-fire-damaged house. They said that they have to do this as they are also looking after the insurer’s interests, as our insurer will have to pay twice for cleaning our property.
    Is this the thought process of Belfor as ordered by the insurer? Have we not waited enough to get our property cleaned and now we have to wait for the next-door-fire-damaged house to be fully restored, although we’ve done a lot of cleaning already, but the smoke smell/soot in our house is still noticeable?
    I’m not sure how our house is going to get dirty during restoration works of the next-door-fire-damaged house. Surely any dust/debris resulting from the restoration works of the next-door-fire-damaged house has to be mitigated/controlled by the restorer otherwise this is a health and safety issue that has to be addressed by the next-door-fire-damaged house principal contractor.
  • Day 18
    Called Cunningham Lindsey to ask Belfor to proceed with the cleaning works.
    A&A Construction assessed the required works at the property.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    This is quite a strange thread considering the OP has ignored all other posters.

I wonder if they actually understand what the purpose of a forum is and how did they decided posting on a forum is the best way to keep this diary.

Although everything seems to be dragging out abit considering the issues seem to consist of a broken front door (fixed on day 6) and the house smells of smoke.
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    the timeline does not make sense either, Is this diary for something that happened in the past as the days are jumping rather oddly. We have nearly weeks of dates posted in just over a week.
  • Blibble
    Blibble Posts: 503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    baza52 wrote: »
    the timeline does not make sense either, Is this diary for something that happened in the past as the days are jumping rather oddly. We have nearly weeks of dates posted in just over a week.

I'm thinking this might be a respective diary - OP may have had a claim a while back and is uploading their story now? Bit of clarification from OP would assist, as there's nothing anyone could really contribute at this stage!
  • Thanks for all the interest, the claim is still ongoing, please bear with me as the diary is still in the past, but will eventually lead to the present. I can only write on evenings, at the same time write chase emails to the stakeholders. I am hoping to sleep too when I'm not thinking about this.
  • takman wrote: »
    This is quite a strange thread considering the OP has ignored all other posters.

I wonder if they actually understand what the purpose of a forum is and how did they decided posting on a forum is the best way to keep this diary.

Although everything seems to be dragging out abit considering the issues seem to consist of a broken front door (fixed on day 6) and the house smells of smoke.

I hope that you wouldn't have to live in a house which smells of smoke
  • Day 19
    Called Cunningham Lindsey to ask Belfor to proceed with the cleaning works, no definitive answer was provided.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure