Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pbsmiles
    • By pbsmiles 21st Apr 17, 12:48 PM
    • 98Posts
    • 58Thanks
    pbsmiles
    Advice Needed
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:48 PM
    Advice Needed 21st Apr 17 at 12:48 PM
    Hello everyone

I turn 50 next months and my partner is 51.
    We don't live together as i have two children who havn't yet left home, but the plan is that at 55 I will be living with him.
    I have just sold my house to pay off debts and moving into rented accommodation for the next three years.
    I will have no debts and about 20k of cash. 10k will be untouched and the other 10k will go to home improvements in my partners house. He currently has a mortgage but I am going to contribute to this so that we will be mortgage free by 55. (All done legally so i Own part of the house with him).
    My question is that where do i put the 10k to get the best out of it, over the next five years and I will also have a regularly amount of £400 a month to save.
    Suggestions please.
Page 1
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 21st Apr 17, 4:27 PM
    • 1,486 Posts
    • 1,336 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 21st Apr 17, 4:27 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 4:27 PM
    You may be better posting on the savings and investment board.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,595Posts Today

9,053Users online

Martin's Twitter